Kite Size for learning

  • Alger, David
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2002
      I weigh 145 and started out with a Wipika 8.9 projected. It was scary at
      first, tried to launch in 8 -10 knots without much luck. It kept stalling.
      When the wind went to 15 it was much easier and more stable. Of course I
      wasn't trying to hold it on the land, I was body dragging all around a salt
      pond. I've just been up on the board once briefly, and now I want 15-20 for
      steady power and easier flying. I realize I need practice flying, so its
      back to the trainer and a 4 meter foil for ice/snow practice.