Re: [ksurfschool] Wipika 11.0m

  • Kite Surfer
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 17, 2000
      I just posted the "realistic" wind ranges of the complete sizes of Wipika
      Free Air models on my web site. This includes the 11 sq. meter and will
      soon include the new 16 sq. meter Wipika AR5.

      Check out the wind ranges using an average weight pilot, etc. Details on
      page:

      http://www.kitesurftheearth.com/wipikafreeair.html

      P.S. It also lists the wind ranges for kite kayaking or kite buggying with
      these kites.

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 17, 2000
        An 16M2 is a monster, if a seagull farts at the wrong time you're going to be
        airborne! What are the sizes that Wipika are going to make on the AR5? How do
        the prices compare to the Naish?

        Martyn

        kitesurftheearth@... on 17-Aug-2000 14:37

        Please respond to ksurfschool@egroups.com

        To: ksurfschool
        cc: (bcc: Martyn Gilson-1/DEV/PHRD/SB_PLC)
        Subject: Re: [ksurfschool] Wipika 11.0m

        I just posted the "realistic" wind ranges of the complete sizes of Wipika
        Free Air models on my web site. This includes the 11 sq. meter and will
        soon include the new 16 sq. meter Wipika AR5.

        Check out the wind ranges using an average weight pilot, etc. Details on
        page:

        http://www.kitesurftheearth.com/wipikafreeair.html

        P.S. It also lists the wind ranges for kite kayaking or kite buggying with
        these kites.

        >From: Just Al <justal@...>
        >To: Kite surf school <ksurfschool@egroups.com>, Kitesurf
        ><kitesurf@egroups.com>
        >Subject: [ksurfschool] Wipika 11.0m
        >Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 20:45:17 +0100
        >
        >I've asked this before, but just got answers telling me to get a Naish AR5
        >instead, so could someone please tell me what the realistic wind of the
        >11.0m Wipika Free Air is when set up on four lines. When I say 'realsitic
        >wind range', I mean minimum wind an average weight average kitesurfer could
        >get going in and the maximum wind before it gets too much of a handful.
        >
        >Thanks in advance,
        >Al.
        >--
        >Alan Cole
        >Bryngwyn Mawr
        >Capel Seion
        >Aberystwyth
        >SY23 4EE
        >
        >Tel: 01970 880707 Mob: 07974392605
        >E-mail:justal@...
        >ICQ # 84562901

      • Farnsworth, Kenny
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 18, 2000
          Martyn,

          I have a 15.5 M2 Naish AR-5. It has been my primary kite the last month
          during the summer doldrums. My only wish is that it were bigger, a 20 would
          be better when the wind gets really light. Yes, it is true that a small
          gust can get you airborne when using a big kite which is a lot of fun.
          Bigger is better!

          To: ksurfschool