Re: Beginner on the Bay

  • annagraceamelia
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2002
      You sound like me (ex-cali surfer kitesurfing to stay wet.)
      I am up in Wilmington, DE.
      If you haven't already, take some lessons.
      I am really only one step up the learning curve from you, I flew a
      foil, tried to start on the water myself then had lessons, and am now
      just starting in the water for real.

      There is a group for kiters in this area and some are in Annapolis
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/M-A-K-A/
      all sorts of info in the archives on sites and a good place to ask ?'s
      (for instance, you can read about how I am an idiot and wasted a lot
      of time and money until I took lessons this summer.)
      also info on gear and local retailers.

      feel free to email me

      -Chris

      --- In ksurfschool@y..., "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@c...> wrote:
      > Any place good for windsurfers is good for kiting. Go chase those
      windsurfers around the bay. Most windsurfers know who the local
      kiters are.

      Service.