Re: [ksurfschool] Beginner on the Bay

  • Dwight & Jacky
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2002
      Any place good for windsurfers is good for kiting. Go chase those windsurfers around the bay. Most windsurfers know who the local kiters are.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2002
        You sound like me (ex-cali surfer kitesurfing to stay wet.)
        I am up in Wilmington, DE.
        If you haven't already, take some lessons.
        I am really only one step up the learning curve from you, I flew a
        foil, tried to start on the water myself then had lessons, and am now
        just starting in the water for real.

        There is a group for kiters in this area and some are in Annapolis
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/M-A-K-A/
        all sorts of info in the archives on sites and a good place to ask ?'s
        (for instance, you can read about how I am an idiot and wasted a lot
        of time and money until I took lessons this summer.)
        also info on gear and local retailers.

        feel free to email me

        -Chris

        --- In ksurfschool@y..., "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@c...> wrote:
        > Any place good for windsurfers is good for kiting. Go chase those
        windsurfers around the bay. Most windsurfers know who the local
        kiters are.

        Service.