2nd Beginner Question

  • sartois2k1
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2002
      Hi again,

      Already another question. :) After Jo's helpful advice I've found
      that my line has no loop at the end, which I presume is the industry
      standard way of selling the stuff.
      Anyone got a good internet link that can teach me how to tie a loop
      into a line?

      Thx,

      Alex.
    • Chris Glazier
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 23, 2002
        --- In ksurfschool@y..., "sartois2k1" <sartois99@h...> wrote:
        > Anyone got a good internet link that can teach me how to tie a
        loop
        > into a line?

        Alex

        Look at the picture at
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kitesurf/files/Chris%27s%
        20Stuff/knots2.jpg

        Or just go to the kitesurf group files area and find Chris's stuff.

        Either the Figure 8 knot or the Overhand can make a strong loop. The
        Bowline works but will weaken the line more than the other two.

        Chris G
      • vytaspass
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 24, 2002
          http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com/tipsandtricks.html

          Scroll down a bit for an overhand with a lark's head. A figure-eight
          is the strongest knot (doesn't weaken the line as much as other
          knots). Haven't made a diagram for that yet.