Multiple kites - one bar/lineset?

  • pksebago
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2002
      I've recently purchased an inflatable an have a chance to add another
      which doesn't have a bar or lines. I have a bunch of foils and
      Cquads which I have rigged with handles and have linesets for each.
      I couldn't imagine rerigging and tuning those each time. Is this
      true for inflatables or can I fly two kites and just swap lines?
      Seems like the setup time wouldn't be that bad. Kites are Wipika 9 &
      11 rigged 4 line. Just curious what most people do. Thanks
    • vytaspass
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 23, 2002
        Most inflatables, brand-to-brand, require line setups that are
        similar. Usually, same-manufacturer kites use the same exact setup.
        If you have two Wipikas of the same year and type, but different
        sizes, it should be the same setup. For different types of kites,
        usually, you can get by with the additional "play" of the 6inch
        knotted leaders located on the kite at the attachment points. You can
        move one line-set (fronts or backs) closer or further from the kite
        to get your kite tuned properly. Most infatables fly with only a 2-3"
        change in linesetup so one bar can be used for all of 'em.

        www.chicagokitesurfing.com

      • TIM FRIEDEL <timfriedel@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 21, 2003
          I use one lineset and two bars for my quiver of kites.
          Couldn't afford another lineset, so I used a stainless steel clip to
          clip the front lines with depower strap onto either bar, and you just
          relarkshead the back lines on to the bar you want to use.