Re: Physics of Kites

  • vytaspass
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 16, 2002
      As an aerospace engineer, let me say something in basic terms. The
      kite is not pulled on one side, but on the back corner of one side.
      This effectively increases the angle of attack for that side, which
      causes a greater pressure difference on that side of the kite
      creating more (or less, in light winds due to stall) lift. The more
      lift will pull that side away from you sending it "back" which brings
      the other side more forward which turns the kite. If your kite is at
      zenith, and you pull on the right rear line, the right side of the
      kite will increase in lift and be sent slightly away from you and the
      left side will come forward to equalize, and the kite will simply
      move to the right in the direction its facing...(I think)

      www.chicagokitesurfing.com

      --- In ksurfschool@y..., "TheYellowJersey" <jeromedayton@y...> wrote:
      > Does anyone know a good site that explains the physics of kites?
      I'm