Re: Where can I get plugs for the bladders?

  • dixon76710
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 11, 2002
      Since the plugs and stem are one piece I doubt you would be able to
      find the plugs only. The guys over on the yahoo foildesign group
      (homemade kites) are starting to build their own inflateable tube
      kites and were unable to locate a supplier of the stems and plugs so
      they are buying cheap, blowup toys and cutting them out to use on
      their home made tubes. Ive lost two of mine and use earplugs. We have
      a lot of manufacturing companies as clients in my business. One of
      them gives out to their workers hard rubber earplugs that fit
      perfect. even has a rubbery type chord between the two earplugs that
      can be used to tie around the strut. MARK

      --- In ksurfschool@y..., "wavehog101" <wavehog101@c...> wrote:
      > Hey Everyone,
      > I'm trying to find where I can get the plugs that insert into
      > leading edge and the struts. I have a 13m wipika hydro and the top
      > of the plug for the small strut broke off. I email the dealer who I
      > bought it from and he said he hasn't heard of a problem like that.
      > And said he couldn't locate any. I sure that someone has to sell
      > them. There plastic and are going to brake occasionally. I only
      need
      > one but would like to get set of them.
      > Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
      >
      > Thankyou,
      > Bob March
    • wavehog101
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 11, 2002
        ---Hey dixon,
        The plugs for all wipika, naish, cabrinha and other manufacturers
        are two piece so you can replace them. Theres the actual valve and
        then the plug that fits in a loop to keep it from being lost.
        So, if anyone has any old bladders or where I could get the plugs
        from I would be very appreciative.
        Thankyou,
        Bob

        In ksurfschool@y..., "dixon76710" <dixon76710@y...> wrote:
        > Since the plugs and stem are one piece I doubt you would be able
        > find the plugs only. The guys over on the yahoo foildesign group
        > (homemade kites) are starting to build their own inflateable tube
        > kites and were unable to locate a supplier of the stems and plugs
        so
        > they are buying cheap, blowup toys and cutting them out to use on
        > their home made tubes. Ive lost two of mine and use earplugs. We
        have
        > a lot of manufacturing companies as clients in my business. One of
        > them gives out to their workers hard rubber earplugs that fit
        > perfect. even has a rubbery type chord between the two earplugs
        that
        > can be used to tie around the strut. MARK
        >

        > --- In ksurfschool@y..., "wavehog101" <wavehog101@c...> wrote:
        > > Hey Everyone,
        > > I'm trying to find where I can get the plugs that insert into
        > > leading edge and the struts. I have a 13m wipika hydro and the
        top
        > > of the plug for the small strut broke off. I email the dealer
        who I
        > > bought it from and he said he hasn't heard of a problem like
        that.
        > > And said he couldn't locate any. I sure that someone has to sell
        > > them. There plastic and are going to brake occasionally. I only
        > need
        > > one but would like to get set of them.
        > > Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
        > >
        > > Thankyou,
        > > Bob March
      • wavehog101
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 11, 2002
          ---Dixon, Also thanks for the information on the rubber plugs I will
          try that as a last resort.

          In ksurfschool@y..., "dixon76710" <dixon76710@y...> wrote:
          > Since the plugs and stem are one piece I doubt you would be able
          > find the plugs only. The guys over on the yahoo foildesign group
          > (homemade kites) are starting to build their own inflateable tube
          > kites and were unable to locate a supplier of the stems and plugs
          so
          > they are buying cheap, blowup toys and cutting them out to use on
          > their home made tubes. Ive lost two of mine and use earplugs. We
          have
          > a lot of manufacturing companies as clients in my business. One of
          > them gives out to their workers hard rubber earplugs that fit
          > perfect. even has a rubbery type chord between the two earplugs
          that
          > can be used to tie around the strut. MARK
          >

          > --- In ksurfschool@y..., "wavehog101" <wavehog101@c...> wrote:
          > > Hey Everyone,
          > > I'm trying to find where I can get the plugs that insert into
          > > leading edge and the struts. I have a 13m wipika hydro and the
          top
          > > of the plug for the small strut broke off. I email the dealer
          who I
          > > bought it from and he said he hasn't heard of a problem like
          that.
          > > And said he couldn't locate any. I sure that someone has to sell
          > > them. There plastic and are going to brake occasionally. I only
          > need
          > > one but would like to get set of them.
          > > Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
          > >
          > > Thankyou,
          > > Bob March
        • dixon76710
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 11, 2002
            Im on naish AR5s. One piece arrangement. Good luck. Id try emailing
            Manufacturers web site to ask. MARK