Where can I get plugs for the bladders?

  • wavehog101
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 10, 2002
      Hey Everyone,
      I'm trying to find where I can get the plugs that insert into
      leading edge and the struts. I have a 13m wipika hydro and the top
      of the plug for the small strut broke off. I email the dealer who I
      bought it from and he said he hasn't heard of a problem like that.
      And said he couldn't locate any. I sure that someone has to sell
      them. There plastic and are going to brake occasionally. I only need
      one but would like to get set of them.
      Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

      Thankyou,
      Bob March
    • dixon76710
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 11, 2002
        Since the plugs and stem are one piece I doubt you would be able to
        find the plugs only. The guys over on the yahoo foildesign group
        (homemade kites) are starting to build their own inflateable tube
        kites and were unable to locate a supplier of the stems and plugs so
        they are buying cheap, blowup toys and cutting them out to use on
        their home made tubes. Ive lost two of mine and use earplugs. We have
        a lot of manufacturing companies as clients in my business. One of
        them gives out to their workers hard rubber earplugs that fit
        perfect. even has a rubbery type chord between the two earplugs that
        can be used to tie around the strut. MARK

        --- In ksurfschool@y..., "wavehog101" <wavehog101@c...> wrote:
        > Hey Everyone,
        > I'm trying to find where I can get the plugs that insert into
        > leading edge and the struts. I have a 13m wipika hydro and the top
        > of the plug for the small strut broke off. I email the dealer who I
        > bought it from and he said he hasn't heard of a problem like that.
        > And said he couldn't locate any. I sure that someone has to sell
        > them. There plastic and are going to brake occasionally. I only
        need
        > one but would like to get set of them.
        > Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
        >
        > Thankyou,
        > Bob March
      • wavehog101
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 11, 2002
          ---Hey dixon,
          The plugs for all wipika, naish, cabrinha and other manufacturers
          are two piece so you can replace them. Theres the actual valve and
          then the plug that fits in a loop to keep it from being lost.
          So, if anyone has any old bladders or where I could get the plugs
          from I would be very appreciative.
          Thankyou,
          Bob

          In ksurfschool@y..., "dixon76710" <dixon76710@y...> wrote:
          > Since the plugs and stem are one piece I doubt you would be able
          > find the plugs only. The guys over on the yahoo foildesign group
          > (homemade kites) are starting to build their own inflateable tube
          > kites and were unable to locate a supplier of the stems and plugs
          so
          > they are buying cheap, blowup toys and cutting them out to use on
          > their home made tubes. Ive lost two of mine and use earplugs. We
          have
          > a lot of manufacturing companies as clients in my business. One of
          > them gives out to their workers hard rubber earplugs that fit
          > perfect. even has a rubbery type chord between the two earplugs
          that
          > can be used to tie around the strut. MARK
          >

          > --- In ksurfschool@y..., "wavehog101" <wavehog101@c...> wrote:
          > > Hey Everyone,
          > > I'm trying to find where I can get the plugs that insert into
          > > leading edge and the struts. I have a 13m wipika hydro and the
          top
          > > of the plug for the small strut broke off. I email the dealer
          who I
          > > bought it from and he said he hasn't heard of a problem like
          that.
          > > And said he couldn't locate any. I sure that someone has to sell
          > > them. There plastic and are going to brake occasionally. I only
          > need
          > > one but would like to get set of them.
          > > Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
          > >
          > > Thankyou,
          > > Bob March
        • wavehog101
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 11, 2002
            ---Dixon, Also thanks for the information on the rubber plugs I will
            try that as a last resort.

            In ksurfschool@y..., "dixon76710" <dixon76710@y...> wrote:
            > Since the plugs and stem are one piece I doubt you would be able
            > find the plugs only. The guys over on the yahoo foildesign group
            > (homemade kites) are starting to build their own inflateable tube
            > kites and were unable to locate a supplier of the stems and plugs
            so
            > they are buying cheap, blowup toys and cutting them out to use on
            > their home made tubes. Ive lost two of mine and use earplugs. We
            have
            > a lot of manufacturing companies as clients in my business. One of
            > them gives out to their workers hard rubber earplugs that fit
            > perfect. even has a rubbery type chord between the two earplugs
            that
            > can be used to tie around the strut. MARK
            >

            > --- In ksurfschool@y..., "wavehog101" <wavehog101@c...> wrote:
            > > Hey Everyone,
            > > I'm trying to find where I can get the plugs that insert into
            > > leading edge and the struts. I have a 13m wipika hydro and the
            top
            > > of the plug for the small strut broke off. I email the dealer
            who I
            > > bought it from and he said he hasn't heard of a problem like
            that.
            > > And said he couldn't locate any. I sure that someone has to sell
            > > them. There plastic and are going to brake occasionally. I only
            > need
            > > one but would like to get set of them.
            > > Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
            > >
            > > Thankyou,
            > > Bob March
          • dixon76710
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 11, 2002
              Im on naish AR5s. One piece arrangement. Good luck. Id try emailing
              Manufacturers web site to ask. MARK