Re: Digest Number 735

  • dixon76710
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2002
      Id go for the 11.5. Might have to wait for slightly more than
      average wind days. Although Im not familiar with liquid force kites,
      12.5 projected is pushing close to a 20 meter kite and I would think
      very difficult to learn on. I learned on a 15.5 Naish ( 8 something
      projected) and was amazed when I got a 7.5 and flying in more wind
      how much easier everything was. Also most of the bigger tube kites
      can be a pain to relaunch in the lower range of the kite and this is
      probably where you want to be the first few times. First few times
      usually involve lots of waterlaunching. I could be wrong here as
      Chris runs a school but 12.5 projected seems big for a first kite.

      MARK

    • dixon76710
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 10, 2002
        I went to the liquid force site for sizing of their kites. Couldnt
        find the projected measurements but actual measurements run 11.5, 15
        and 20. You would need the 20 meter to get the 12.5 projected
        suggested by Chris.
        Maybe the 15 but I wouldnt get the 20 to learn on.

        MARK