Help - Questions about Naish line extensions

  • nporitz
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2002
      Greetings and thanks in advance for answering my questions.

      I would like to make some 7 - 10 meter extensions for my Aeros.

      I have a bunch of 300# and 600# Q-Power line. Do I use the 300# for
      front and rear? Or, 300# rear and 600# front? Or, 600# for both
      front and rear line extensions?

      Is there any problem mixing the Naish line and Q-Power as main lines
      and extensions?

      And, what is the rating on the Naish lines?

      Thanks from tropical Montana,
      Noah Poritz
    • fernmanus
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 8, 2002
        Noah,

        I would use the 600 LB Q-Power for both front and back lines. You
        can mix Naish and Q-Power line, but I don't recommend mixing the
        two. I tried it one time and I found that I had a lot more
        tangles. Once I switched to Q-Power line exclusively, I noticed a
        big reduction in tangled line.

        As far as extensions are concerned, you can mix the two. I
        personally set up an extra bar with longer lines. This is better
        than using extensions because it is always available as a spare
        bar. You never know when a leader or line may fail. It is nice to
        get right back out on the water.

        Kenny