Re: [ksurfschool] Re: How ? - repairing scratches/cuts in the leading edge dacron

  • Kitepower
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2002
      Good Stuff!
      http://www.kitepower.com.au
      open 7 days, every week.
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: TIM FRIEDEL
      To: ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 7:08 AM
      Subject: [ksurfschool] Re: How ? - repairing scratches/cuts in the leading edge dacron

      cheers for the advice, I actually tested sticky back insignia cloth,
      and it just doesn't stick well to dacron, but sticks fine to mylar
      like old kites. I ended up using some ados contact adhesive
      (waterproof, flexible, permanant), and cleaned the sticky glue off
      the insignia cloth with solvent, and applied contact adhesive.
      Much stronger, and cause my kite is a dark colour, you don't notice
      the repair, and only need to patch the inside.