Kite size??

  • sssutherland
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2002
      I live in Ventura California where the winds average about 10-15knots
      daily. I am 6'2 and weigh about 180 lbs.

      I am wondering about kite size.

      I am looking at the Liquid Force Apexx 4line kites.

      Would the 9.0 or the 11.5 be a better choice for these conditions??

      And how about board lenght. Should I go with a foot shorter than me
      for the wakeboard style or should I go with about my height??

      Any respone much appreciated.

      Ryan
    • Troy Bezanson
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2002
        When I was there last year in November, everyone was riding 19m and 20m
        kites
        I live in Ventura California where the winds average about 10-15knots
        daily. I am 6'2 and weigh about 180 lbs.

        I am wondering about kite size.

        I am looking at the Liquid Force Apexx 4line kites.

        Would the 9.0 or the 11.5 be a better choice for these conditions??

        And how about board lenght. Should I go with a foot shorter than me
        for the wakeboard style or should I go with about my height??

        Any respone much appreciated.

        Ryan

        To unsubscribe, please send an email to
        ksurfschool-unsubscribe@egroups.com

      • TheYellowJersey
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2002
          I've been kiting in the Ventura area for a couple of months now.
          I've seen Liquid Force 9.0 & 12.0's out on the water. I fly a 17m
          and 11m Naish R3 (projected 11m and 8m respectively) about equally.
          If you are new to the sport, I can't recommend strongly enough to
          take some lessons. It will save a lot of wear and tear on your
          equipment and your body.

          Jerome-

          --- In ksurfschool@y..., "Troy Bezanson" <troy_bezanson@y...> wrote:
          > When I was there last year in November, everyone was riding 19m and
          20m
          > kites

          Service.