Repearing torn kites. PLEASE HELP!!

  • Ryan
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      Hey everyone. Hope u all getting good wind lately cause im not.

      The other day i was dumb enough to do some inland kitesurfing at this
      dam. Dispite all the sharp rocks but hey. I was desperate.. So i
      crashed and got a 2cm long cut. I also got 2 matchhead size cuts. i
      was almost in tears. How do i repair it without leaving a obvius
      patch. Or can i get it profesionally done.
      Thanx if u can help.
      Ryan
    • matt nuzzo
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
        REAL in Cape Hatteras NC will be hosting 2 parties in
        October.

        The first is 8pm Friday October 4th. John Bilderback
        of Surfer Magazine will be hosting a slide show of
        kiteboarding photos that he has collected while on
        location in Cape Hatteras.

        The second will be at 8pm Friday October 11th to kick
        off the 2nd Cape Hatteras kiteboarding Comp.

        Contact REAL for more information at:

        www.realkiteboarding.com
        866.REAL.KITE

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • vytaspass
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
          Use ripstop tape and sew it yourself or take it to a sailmaker, or
          boatshop, to have it done.

          Some seams on inflatables in the skin can just be taped without the
          sewing. That may work for you fine.

          www.chicagokitesurfing.com