Re: Digest Number 706

  • hink_trent
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2002
      --- In ksurfschool@y..., Thomas George DeMille <tdemille@y...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >> I do have another question. How do I control my speed going
      upwind? Is it a matter of turning
      > more or less upwind? Or is it kite position? Is it sheeting in or
      out? (I am not using a
      > chicken loop, but do have a sheeting strap).

      I learned on 2-line foils and just recently found out that it is
      much, much easier to go upwind with a chicken loop. With a 2-line
      kite you cnotrol your speed by turning on and off the wind. To slow
      down, you edge hard to turn upwind. During the time it takes for the
      kite to move toward the edge of the window, the kite will pull harder
      but if you keep edging the board hard and turning upwind you will
      slow down eventually.

      If you slow down too much you can get your speed back by turning more
      downwind and sining the kite if necessary.