Re: [ksurfschool] Can I try?

  • Christopher Gaskins
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2002
      Howdy!

      There are several businesses that offer lessons up in Hood River:

      www.windguide.com
      www.newwindkiteboarding.com
      www.gorgeanimal.com

      You can also go down to Flora's Lake, which is about 45 minutes south of
      Coos Bay:

      http://www.floraslake.com/flw2.htm

      However, I have been down to Flora's five times in the last eight weeks and
      the wind has been blowing 25 to 40mph almost every darn day, making
      learning very difficult. This year is one of the windiest years they have
      had. Flora's is a top-notch place to learn, with a 5- to 10-foot deep
      freshwater lake, 68 degree water, and great (but too strong lately!) winds.
      Gorge Performance (which is down on Macadam Avenue at the end of Taylor's
      Ferry) puts on monthly kite lessons at Flora's through Flora's Lake
      Windsurfing:

      http://www.gorgeperformance.com/html/kite.html

      Gorge Performance also runs intro-to-kiting nights at Sauvie Island on
      Wednesday and (I think) Thursday nights.

      Hope that helps! I too am learning, but am hooked and about ready to plunk
      down the big $$$ for a quiver of kites...

      :-)

      Chris

      >I live in Portland, Or. Is there somewhere I can try out Kite-
      >boarding without purchasing $1000 in equiptment to see if I like it?

    • clarkeyface
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2002