Re: jumpjibes

  • wndsrfr1
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 3, 2002
      Callum, thanks again for your expert advice - I understand
      the "don't ask me why" dilemma. I have several of "those" on a
      lower skill level. The kiters at the gorge at Hood River would do
      as you suggest, I believe. You are far ahead of me in this sport.
      Thanks again for your good advise. I just received a new AiRush 16
      several days ago, and have not had it on the water yet,-lack of wind
      and off shore, what there is.
      I'm curious as to your location. I don't mean to pry. If I figured
      correctly you are in England, the Canaries, Azores, or...
      Again I appreciate your time and effort - thanks

      --- In ksurfschool@y..., "callum_downie" <callum_downie@h...> wrote:
      > One thing I didn't mention is it is easier to do (don't ask me
      why)
      > if you actually do something in the air - like a back roll or
      > something, rather than just dangling - I find If I just try it
      with
      > an ordinary jump I often over balance. There is alot of info out
      > there on how to do back rolls - basically look over your front
      > shoulder when you launch - right over it like your trying to see
      your
      > butt or something - that'll give you rotation and head will be in
      the
      > right place to spot the landing.
      >
      > You should be able to do it tentativly only about 2ft off the
      water
      > to start with so the stacks need not be excisvly hard.
      >
      > You also don't really need alot of forward speed when your going
      into
      > the move to start with - as your putting the kite right into the
      > top/middle of the window it'll have anough power by itself to
      launch
      > you skyward!
      >
      > Callum
      >
      > --- In ksurfschool@y..., "Rick Howe" <rhowe@k...> wrote:
      > > Callum - thank a lot!!! This is what I figured, but I was not
      > sure, and I can't seem to master, it and can't find any videos,
      mags
      > or whatever to fix my Hindenburg fixation (which I'm getting real
      > tired of). Can't wait to try your advise . No other kiters here in
      > Panama City Beach, Fl. I'm trying to help some learn now.
      Really
      > appreciate you taking the time to help me out, as my water
      > relaunching techniques have a lot to be desired also!!
      > > rick

    • callum_downie
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2002
        "Callum, thanks again for your expert advice "

        Don't get to carried away with the "expert" hehe...

        I'm in none of the locations you mentioned - i'm in sydney

        Cya
        Callum

      • Rick Howe
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 3, 2002
          Too late - I've already told friends about the "expert" advise I've gotten from you. I'll let you know if and when I have some success. Don't hold your breath waiting however.
          Little wind here -1 bf or so. Tried the AiRush 16.
          Sidney! I must have gotten am/pm mixed up. I ciao rick