Re: jumpjibes

  • callum_downie
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2002
      One thing I didn't mention is it is easier to do (don't ask me why)
      if you actually do something in the air - like a back roll or
      something, rather than just dangling - I find If I just try it with
      an ordinary jump I often over balance. There is alot of info out
      there on how to do back rolls - basically look over your front
      shoulder when you launch - right over it like your trying to see your
      butt or something - that'll give you rotation and head will be in the
      right place to spot the landing.

      You should be able to do it tentativly only about 2ft off the water
      to start with so the stacks need not be excisvly hard.

      You also don't really need alot of forward speed when your going into
      the move to start with - as your putting the kite right into the
      top/middle of the window it'll have anough power by itself to launch
      you skyward!

      Callum

      --- In ksurfschool@y..., "Rick Howe" <rhowe@k...> wrote:
      > Callum - thank a lot!!! This is what I figured, but I was not
      sure, and I can't seem to master, it and can't find any videos, mags
      or whatever to fix my Hindenburg fixation (which I'm getting real
      tired of). Can't wait to try your advise . No other kiters here in
      Panama City Beach, Fl. I'm trying to help some learn now. Really
      appreciate you taking the time to help me out, as my water
      relaunching techniques have a lot to be desired also!!
      > rick

      Service.

    • wndsrfr1
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2002
        Callum, thanks again for your expert advice - I understand
        the "don't ask me why" dilemma. I have several of "those" on a
        lower skill level. The kiters at the gorge at Hood River would do
        as you suggest, I believe. You are far ahead of me in this sport.
        Thanks again for your good advise. I just received a new AiRush 16
        several days ago, and have not had it on the water yet,-lack of wind
        and off shore, what there is.
        I'm curious as to your location. I don't mean to pry. If I figured
        correctly you are in England, the Canaries, Azores, or...
        Again I appreciate your time and effort - thanks

      • callum_downie
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 3, 2002
          "Callum, thanks again for your expert advice "

          Don't get to carried away with the "expert" hehe...

          I'm in none of the locations you mentioned - i'm in sydney

          Cya
          Callum

        • Rick Howe
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3, 2002
            Too late - I've already told friends about the "expert" advise I've gotten from you. I'll let you know if and when I have some success. Don't hold your breath waiting however.
            Little wind here -1 bf or so. Tried the AiRush 16.
            Sidney! I must have gotten am/pm mixed up. I ciao rick