Twist in the leading edge

  • karinefr2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2002
      Sometimes, I get some twists in the leading edge bladder when I pump
      it up. Do you have any trick to avoid that?

      Thanks

      -marc
    • pauric o'callaghan
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2 2:34 AM
        I have the same problem. It all started after I removed the bladder for repair and put it back in again. I've double checked that there actually isnt any twists in it. One thing I did note was that
        the bladder now seemed to be longer than the leading edge of the kite, I dont know if I've accidentally stretched it when looking for the leak or if they just stretch over time. Anyway, I have
        concluded that I dont have twists, I think the bladder bundles up near the valve. I havent tried resloving this because it doesnt bother me, but I guess I could pull the bladder out a little on the
        tips to make sure it isnt bundling up. The only real problem it presents is deflating the kite, you?

        cheers

        01/09/2002 00:10:26, "karinefr2000" <karinefr2000@...> wrote:

        >Sometimes, I get some twists in the leading edge bladder when I pump
        >it up. Do you have any trick to avoid that?
        >
        >Thanks
        >
        >-marc

      • Andre Myburgh
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2 3:16 AM
          Try to have the kite lying flat (no twist in the LE) when inflating the LE
          bladder - that somehow reduces twists in the bladder

          Cheers

          André