RE: [ksurfschool] Re: Need help with waves

  • Troy Bezanson
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 24, 2002
      I also use my board to body drag upwind. I basically lay the board in line
      with my body. Hook one leg over the board and hold the nose with my free
      hand. I fly the kite at the edge of the window with one hand and try to
      keep the board almost on its side. You can actually get going pretty fast.
      I surprised myself one time when I turned around after about 45 seconds to
      see just how far offshore I was.

      One thing to note however, the spreader bar on my harness scratches up the
      board quite a bit.

      A boogie board might be fun. I think your natural tendency will be to
      extend your legs once you leave the water. At that point I think you hard
      time landing without sending the nose under the water. Should be fun to do
      and funny to watch. Let us know how you make out!!!!!1

      Troy Bezanson
      Halifax, Nova Scotia
      Canada