Re: [ksurfschool] kite repair

  • Kitepower
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2002
      If it is just a traight tear that does not run along a strut, then it can be glued rather than weaken it by sewing. The glue we use is clear polyurethane, sold in camping stores as seam sealer, the brand I use is called "Seam Grip"

      Get some sailcloth same or similar to the original, cut a piece to overlap the rip by 2 cm all round spread glue on it (maybe tape the patch to a glass/smooth table) then apply to kite, put a sheet of plastic on top and them pile with phone books of other heavy weight. 12hrs later you will have a very strong almost invisible very pro looking repair.

      You can use this technique to repair any part of an inflato if you have the time.
      http://www.kitepower.com.au
      open 7 days, every week.