Re: Post dragging

  • vytaspass
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2002
      Its best to try and vertically "figure-8" the kite on one side of the
      window, keeping the kite movement smooth, so it is generating a
      constant amount of power through the entire "figure-8". This is the
      same as working the kite on the water, in my opinion. Once you can
      steer the kite and keep it generating a constant tug, you're ready to
      try the board. If you're on the board, and you can't steer the kite
      properly to generate constant power, you'll be pulled over your
      board, or you'll be sitting in the water a lot getting yanked, then
      fall back, then yanked, etc.

      In terms of skis, I haven't tried it, but I'm sure you can get it to
      work...why not?

      www.chicagokitesurfing.com

      --- In ksurfschool@y..., "Alger, David" <DAlger@P...> wrote:
      > OK, body dragged two sessions and flew for 10 (after trainer).
      Think I
      > could perfect flying technique faster when I'm on a board, not
      seeing
      > through a wave in my face. What do you think? Also, would a water
      ski
      > config. work (i.e., in line full and half waterski footstraps?)
      I've got an