RE: [ksurfschool] light wind kite serch

  • Farnsworth, Kenny
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2000
      Bonz,

      A Naish 7M or Wipika 8.5 may generate enough power for a person your size in
      10 mph winds. However, you may have a difficult time relaunching the kite
      from the water in winds that light. I would consider a Naish 9.0 on 20
      meter lines. The 9.0 relaunches easier in light winds. The 20 meter lines
      make relaunching easier and will generate less power than 30 meter lines.

      My wife kitesurfs in 10 mph winds on our Naish 9.5 M. She is adequately
      powered. My wife is 5'10" and 130 LBS.