RE: [ksurfschool] boost II and question about board for n00bies

  • Kitepower
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 8, 2002
      G'day Thomas

      Awake will blow you away, the quality of the footage is awesome, a lot is
      taken from the back of very talented/gutsy jet ski riders. You get the
      feeling you are right there, well as much as you can get that feeling from
      your loungeroom!

      The picklefork would not be a good choice, if you are going to use it with
      bindings, even though they are cheap now. Trying to learn and dealing with
      bindings gets a lot of people hurt and very frustrated!
      If you can put something like NSI Antibindings on the 1.71PF it will be OK,
      forget about boards longer than 2.1M, unless you can borrow/hire them for
      the few hours you will get any benefit from them. Big boards are really only
      good for light winds or if you simply want to cruise and not jump, and
      mainly in light winds/smooth waters.

      http://www.kitepower.com.au
      mailto:sydney@...
      Open 7 days
      126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, Australia 2034
      Phone +61293157894

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 9, 2002
        Tom, to give you an idea, I'm 6'2" and 195lb too...I ride mainly on a
        slingshot Dimis 157 and a Lightwave 169. I have a 215cm board I
        originally learned on and now it sits there. I used it in the water
        10 times, maybe. Not worth the price since it gets no use.

        It will get some use, though, since we're starting to offer lessons
        in Chicago, it will be the board of choice due to its size and float
        (it has straps - Steve is right)

        Steve, who makes AWAKE? We may be interested in selling it here in
        chicago...if you know, can you email me at
        vytas@...?

        Thanks

        --- In ksurfschool@y..., "Kitepower" <sydney@k...> wrote:
        > G'day Thomas
        >
        > Awake will blow you away, the quality of the footage is awesome, a
        lot is
        > taken from the back of very talented/gutsy jet ski riders. You get
        the
        > feeling you are right there, well as much as you can get that
        feeling from
        > your loungeroom!
        >
        > The picklefork would not be a good choice, if you are going to use
        it with
        > bindings, even though they are cheap now. Trying to learn and
        dealing with
        > bindings gets a lot of people hurt and very frustrated!
        > If you can put something like NSI Antibindings on the 1.71PF it
        will be OK,
        > forget about boards longer than 2.1M, unless you can borrow/hire
        them for
        > the few hours you will get any benefit from them. Big boards are
        really only
        > good for light winds or if you simply want to cruise and not jump,
        and
        > mainly in light winds/smooth waters.
        >
        > Cya and
        > Goodwinds
        > Steve McCormack
        > http://www.kitepower.com.au
        > mailto:sydney@k...
        > Open 7 days
        > Phone +61293157894

        __

        __

        > > Message: 1
        > > Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 19:07:04 -0000
        > > From: "windklutz" <windklutz@y...>
        > > Subject: Re: St Augustine Kitesurfing areas
        > >
        > > I live in St. Augustine. You can pretty much go anywhere on the
        > > beach. You are able to park on the beach but it will be crowded
        on a
        > > holiday weekend. If you are willing to walk up the beach you can
        > > goto Anastasia state parkand probably get away from the crowds.
        On
        > > an outgoing tide and NE wind a lot of people goto Matanza's Inlet.
        > > Daryl is the local kite shop owner (Extreme Kites)
        > > (oceanextremesports.com) on A1A in St. Augustine Beach if you have
        > > any problems while you are here. By the way it has been blowing
        25
        > > knots today.

        __

        __

        > > Message: 2
        > > Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:11:19 +1000
        > > From: "Kitepower" <sydney@k...>
        > > Subject: Re: Re: boost video - AWAKE
        > >
        > > There is room to improve even Boost 2, but it is still the best
        > instructional tape out at the
        > > moment.
        > > I read that a lot of folks want more kite and rider in frame
        views of what
        > is going on and the
        > > AWAKE DVD/video is awesome for that!
        > > If you want to see how to put it all together, and be entertained
        by some
        > of the best
        > > kiteboarding footage you will ever see, get AWAKE.
        > > Highlights for me on the DVD are the Nicolo Porcella section,
        this young
        > fella is going to be
        > > awesome, regardless of what we hear about his mouth!! :-) Every
        young kid
        > who could hang out
        > > with some of the worlds top riders would probably have to act in
        a similar
        > way to survive
        > > anyway!! :-)) Nicolo does incredibly tecnical wakestyle stuff
        with ease,
        > and you can see him
        > > just playing with his gear almost going "what if I do this". This
        no fear
        > attitude is what will
        > > make the youngsters of today into the mind blowing kiters of
        tomorrow.
        > > Other outstanding segments are from Lou W, Elliot L, Alex Pivec,
        Adam
        > Koch, Mark Shinn, Mark
        > > Doyle (amazing)
        > > and several girls.
        > > It is worth every cent, and is very enjoyable to watch on,
        especially on
        > DVD.
        > > Cya and
        > > Goodwinds
        > > Steve McCormack
        > > http://www.kitepower.com.au
        > > open 7 days, every week.

        Service.

        __

        __

        > > Message: 3
        > > Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 05:39:17 -0000
        > > From: "bill2142002" <bill2142002@y...>
        > > Subject: new board twin tip
        > >
        > > Hi
        > >
        > > I want to buy a bi-directional board. I currently have a naish 5.5
        > > which I enjoy riding but find a pain to jibe with. I come from a
        > > skateboard/snowboard background and a twin tip appeals to me. I
        > > weight 75 kg, am 1.7m tall and can get upwind and starting to do
        > > small jumps.I get the most use out of my arx9.5 out here with the
        > > winds regularly around 15 knots and quite a few days 15-20 plus?
        > > There a number of different spots around here with smallish waves,
        > > chop to flat water. I was thinking of getting a naish TT 5.6 or
        > > 5.3, or a Cabrinha Prankster 172. Will it be alot harder to ride
        such
        > > a board compared to the mutant and will I need significantly more
        > > power. I want a board which will stay with me as I hopefully
        > > progress, I would keep the mutant for lighter wind days but
        ideally
        > > would want to use the TT most of the time. Will the naish TT or
        > > Cabrinha Prankster feel alot different to ride compared to the
        mutant
        > > if so in what way, I have got used to the feel of the mutant.
        > >
        > > To many questions probably - thanks for any advice
        > >
        > > Bill

        > =====
        > ~~~~~~~_\\|//_
        > ~~~~~~~(.O-O.)
        > ~~~oOO0~~(_)~~00o~~~~~~~~~~
        > Thomas DeMille, Boston MA 617-512-8674
        > **RENT MY VACATION HOMES**
        > Caribbean Cabana: http://roatan.islandrentals.org
        > Marthas Vineyard: http://mv.islandrentals.org

        > http://www.hotjobs.com
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • jamisdiablo69
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 9, 2002
          Who else but TRONOLONE!

          :)

          Scot

          --- In ksurfschool@y..., "vytaspass" <surfsup@r...> wrote:
          > Tom, to give you an idea, I'm 6'2" and 195lb too...I ride mainly on
          > slingshot Dimis 157 and a Lightwave 169. I have a 215cm board I
          > originally learned on and now it sits there. I used it in the water
          > 10 times, maybe. Not worth the price since it gets no use.
          >
          > It will get some use, though, since we're starting to offer lessons
          > in Chicago, it will be the board of choice due to its size and
          float
          > (it has straps - Steve is right)
          >
          > Steve, who makes AWAKE? We may be interested in selling it here in
          > chicago...if you know, can you email me at
          > vytas@c...?
          >
          > Thanks

          > www.chicagokitesurfing.com
          >
          > --- In ksurfschool@y..., "Kitepower" <sydney@k...> wrote:
          > > G'day Thomas
          > >
          > > Awake will blow you away, the quality of the footage is awesome,
          > lot is
          > > taken from the back of very talented/gutsy jet ski riders. You
          get
          > the
          > > feeling you are right there, well as much as you can get that
          > feeling from
          > > your loungeroom!
          > >
          > > The picklefork would not be a good choice, if you are going to
          use
          > it with
          > > bindings, even though they are cheap now. Trying to learn and
          > dealing with
          > > bindings gets a lot of people hurt and very frustrated!
          > > If you can put something like NSI Antibindings on the 1.71PF it
          > will be OK,
          > > forget about boards longer than 2.1M, unless you can borrow/hire
          > them for
          > > the few hours you will get any benefit from them. Big boards are
          > really only
          > > good for light winds or if you simply want to cruise and not
          jump,
          > and
          > > mainly in light winds/smooth waters.
          > >
          > > Cya and
          > > Goodwinds
          > > Steve McCormack
          > > http://www.kitepower.com.au
          > > mailto:sydney@k...
          > > Open 7 days
          > > 126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, Australia 2034
          > > Phone +61293157894

          Service.

        • Kitepower
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 9, 2002
            Go to
            http://www.tronolone.com

            For details of where to get the Awake video/DVD, if you have a shop and want to resell it.
            http://www.kitepower.com.au
            open 7 days, every week.
            Tom, to give you an idea, I'm 6'2" and 195lb too...I ride mainly on a
            slingshot Dimis 157 and a Lightwave 169. I have a 215cm board I
            originally learned on and now it sits there. I used it in the water
            10 times, maybe. Not worth the price since it gets no use.

            It will get some use, though, since we're starting to offer lessons
            in Chicago, it will be the board of choice due to its size and float
            (it has straps - Steve is right)

            Steve, who makes AWAKE? We may be interested in selling it here in
            chicago...if you know, can you email me at
            vytas@...?

            Thanks

            www.chicagokitesurfing.com

            --- In ksurfschool@y..., "Kitepower" <sydney@k...> wrote:
            > G'day Thomas
            >
            > Awake will blow you away, the quality of the footage is awesome, a
            lot is
            > taken from the back of very talented/gutsy jet ski riders. You get
            the
            > feeling you are right there, well as much as you can get that
            feeling from
            > your loungeroom!
            >
            > The picklefork would not be a good choice, if you are going to use
            it with
            > bindings, even though they are cheap now. Trying to learn and
            dealing with
            > bindings gets a lot of people hurt and very frustrated!
            > If you can put something like NSI Antibindings on the 1.71PF it
            will be OK,
            > forget about boards longer than 2.1M, unless you can borrow/hire
            them for
            > the few hours you will get any benefit from them. Big boards are
            really only
            > good for light winds or if you simply want to cruise and not jump,
            and
            > mainly in light winds/smooth waters.
            >
            > Cya and
            > Goodwinds
            > Steve McCormack
            > http://www.kitepower.com.au
            > mailto:sydney@k...
            > Open 7 days
            > Phone +61293157894

            __

            __

            > > Message: 2
            > > Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:11:19 +1000
            > > From: "Kitepower" <sydney@k...>
            > > Subject: Re: Re: boost video - AWAKE
            > >
            > > There is room to improve even Boost 2, but it is still the best
            > instructional tape out at the
            > > moment.
            > > I read that a lot of folks want more kite and rider in frame
            views of what
            > is going on and the
            > > AWAKE DVD/video is awesome for that!
            > > If you want to see how to put it all together, and be entertained
            by some
            > of the best
            > > kiteboarding footage you will ever see, get AWAKE.
            > > Highlights for me on the DVD are the Nicolo Porcella section,
            this young
            > fella is going to be
            > > awesome, regardless of what we hear about his mouth!! :-) Every
            young kid
            > who could hang out
            > > with some of the worlds top riders would probably have to act in
            a similar
            > way to survive
            > > anyway!! :-)) Nicolo does incredibly tecnical wakestyle stuff
            with ease,
            > and you can see him
            > > just playing with his gear almost going "what if I do this". This
            no fear
            > attitude is what will
            > > make the youngsters of today into the mind blowing kiters of
            tomorrow.
            > > Other outstanding segments are from Lou W, Elliot L, Alex Pivec,
            Adam
            > Koch, Mark Shinn, Mark
            > > Doyle (amazing)
            > > and several girls.
            > > It is worth every cent, and is very enjoyable to watch on,
            especially on
            > DVD.
            > > Cya and
            > > Goodwinds
            > > Steve McCormack
            > > http://www.kitepower.com.au
            > > open 7 days, every week.

            Service.

            __

            __

            > > Message: 3
            > > Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 05:39:17 -0000
            > > From: "bill2142002" <bill2142002@y...>
            > > Subject: new board twin tip
            > >
            > > Hi
            > >
            > > I want to buy a bi-directional board. I currently have a naish 5.5
            > > which I enjoy riding but find a pain to jibe with. I come from a
            > > skateboard/snowboard background and a twin tip appeals to me. I
            > > weight 75 kg, am 1.7m tall and can get upwind and starting to do
            > > small jumps.I get the most use out of my arx9.5 out here with the
            > > winds regularly around 15 knots and quite a few days 15-20 plus?
            > > There a number of different spots around here with smallish waves,
            > > chop to flat water. I was thinking of getting a naish TT 5.6 or
            > > 5.3, or a Cabrinha Prankster 172. Will it be alot harder to ride
            such
            > > a board compared to the mutant and will I need significantly more
            > > power. I want a board which will stay with me as I hopefully
            > > progress, I would keep the mutant for lighter wind days but
            ideally
            > > would want to use the TT most of the time. Will the naish TT or
            > > Cabrinha Prankster feel alot different to ride compared to the
            mutant
            > > if so in what way, I have got used to the feel of the mutant.
            > >
            > > To many questions probably - thanks for any advice
            > >
            > > Bill

            > =====
            > Thomas DeMille, Boston MA 617-512-8674
            > **RENT MY VACATION HOMES**