boost II and question about board for n00bies

  • Thomas George DeMille
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 8 3:32 PM
      Didn't mean to knock the boost video two much, I have watched it 10 times in 14 days so I like
      it, and find it informative. Thanks for the tip about Awake Steve!

      Quick question,

      I am learning, have body dragged, not boarded yet, have good kite control. I am a snowboarder,
      used to skateboard a bit, ski, water ski, but not wake board.

      Is a 171 pickelfork from liquidforce going to be too difficult for me to learn on? Should I order
      a big old 230 f-one? I am 6ft, 195lbs

      thnks!
      -=tgd=-

      --- ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > There are 3 messages in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Re: St Augustine Kitesurfing areas
      > From: "windklutz" <windklutz@...>
      > 2. Re: Re: boost video - AWAKE
      > From: "Kitepower" <sydney@...>
      > 3. new board twin tip
      > From: "bill2142002" <bill2142002@...>

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 19:07:04 -0000
      > From: "windklutz" <windklutz@...>
      > Subject: Re: St Augustine Kitesurfing areas
      >
      > I live in St. Augustine. You can pretty much go anywhere on the
      > beach. You are able to park on the beach but it will be crowded on a
      > holiday weekend. If you are willing to walk up the beach you can
      > goto Anastasia state parkand probably get away from the crowds. On
      > an outgoing tide and NE wind a lot of people goto Matanza's Inlet.
      > Daryl is the local kite shop owner (Extreme Kites)
      > (oceanextremesports.com) on A1A in St. Augustine Beach if you have
      > any problems while you are here. By the way it has been blowing 25
      > knots today.

      > Message: 2
      > Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:11:19 +1000
      > From: "Kitepower" <sydney@...>
      > Subject: Re: Re: boost video - AWAKE
      >
      > There is room to improve even Boost 2, but it is still the best instructional tape out at the
      > moment.
      > I read that a lot of folks want more kite and rider in frame views of what is going on and the
      > AWAKE DVD/video is awesome for that!
      > If you want to see how to put it all together, and be entertained by some of the best
      > kiteboarding footage you will ever see, get AWAKE.
      > Highlights for me on the DVD are the Nicolo Porcella section, this young fella is going to be
      > awesome, regardless of what we hear about his mouth!! :-) Every young kid who could hang out
      > with some of the worlds top riders would probably have to act in a similar way to survive
      > anyway!! :-)) Nicolo does incredibly tecnical wakestyle stuff with ease, and you can see him
      > just playing with his gear almost going "what if I do this". This no fear attitude is what will
      > make the youngsters of today into the mind blowing kiters of tomorrow.
      > Other outstanding segments are from Lou W, Elliot L, Alex Pivec, Adam Koch, Mark Shinn, Mark
      > Doyle (amazing)
      > and several girls.
      > It is worth every cent, and is very enjoyable to watch on, especially on DVD.
      > Cya and
      > Goodwinds
      > Steve McCormack
      > http://www.kitepower.com.au
      > open 7 days, every week.

      =====
      ~~~~~~~_\\|//_
      ~~~~~~~(.O-O.)
      ~~~oOO0~~(_)~~00o~~~~~~~~~~
      Thomas DeMille, Boston MA 617-512-8674
      **RENT MY VACATION HOMES**
      Caribbean Cabana: http://roatan.islandrentals.org
      Marthas Vineyard: http://mv.islandrentals.org

      HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
      http://www.hotjobs.com
    • Kitepower
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 8 7:41 PM
        G'day Thomas

        Awake will blow you away, the quality of the footage is awesome, a lot is
        taken from the back of very talented/gutsy jet ski riders. You get the
        feeling you are right there, well as much as you can get that feeling from
        your loungeroom!

        The picklefork would not be a good choice, if you are going to use it with
        bindings, even though they are cheap now. Trying to learn and dealing with
        bindings gets a lot of people hurt and very frustrated!
        If you can put something like NSI Antibindings on the 1.71PF it will be OK,
        forget about boards longer than 2.1M, unless you can borrow/hire them for
        the few hours you will get any benefit from them. Big boards are really only
        good for light winds or if you simply want to cruise and not jump, and
        mainly in light winds/smooth waters.

        http://www.kitepower.com.au
        mailto:sydney@...
        Open 7 days
        126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, Australia 2034
        Phone +61293157894

        ksurfschool-unsubscribe@egroups.com

        > There are 3 messages in this issue.
        >
        > Topics in this digest:
        >
        > 1. Re: St Augustine Kitesurfing areas
        > From: "windklutz" <windklutz@...>
        > 2. Re: Re: boost video - AWAKE
        > From: "Kitepower" <sydney@...>
        > 3. new board twin tip
        > From: "bill2142002" <bill2142002@...>

        > Message: 1
        > Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 19:07:04 -0000
        > From: "windklutz" <windklutz@...>
        > Subject: Re: St Augustine Kitesurfing areas
        >
        > I live in St. Augustine. You can pretty much go anywhere on the
        > beach. You are able to park on the beach but it will be crowded on a
        > holiday weekend. If you are willing to walk up the beach you can
        > goto Anastasia state parkand probably get away from the crowds. On
        > an outgoing tide and NE wind a lot of people goto Matanza's Inlet.
        > Daryl is the local kite shop owner (Extreme Kites)
        > (oceanextremesports.com) on A1A in St. Augustine Beach if you have
        > any problems while you are here. By the way it has been blowing 25
        > knots today.

        > Message: 2
        > Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:11:19 +1000
        > From: "Kitepower" <sydney@...>
        > Subject: Re: Re: boost video - AWAKE
        >
        > There is room to improve even Boost 2, but it is still the best
        instructional tape out at the
        > moment.
        > I read that a lot of folks want more kite and rider in frame views of what
        is going on and the
        > AWAKE DVD/video is awesome for that!
        > If you want to see how to put it all together, and be entertained by some
        of the best
        > kiteboarding footage you will ever see, get AWAKE.
        > Highlights for me on the DVD are the Nicolo Porcella section, this young
        fella is going to be
        > awesome, regardless of what we hear about his mouth!! :-) Every young kid
        who could hang out
        > with some of the worlds top riders would probably have to act in a similar
        way to survive
        > anyway!! :-)) Nicolo does incredibly tecnical wakestyle stuff with ease,
        and you can see him
        > just playing with his gear almost going "what if I do this". This no fear
        attitude is what will
        > make the youngsters of today into the mind blowing kiters of tomorrow.
        > Other outstanding segments are from Lou W, Elliot L, Alex Pivec, Adam
        Koch, Mark Shinn, Mark
        > Doyle (amazing)
        > and several girls.
        > It is worth every cent, and is very enjoyable to watch on, especially on
        DVD.
        > Cya and
        > Goodwinds
        > Steve McCormack
        > http://www.kitepower.com.au
        > open 7 days, every week.

        =====
        ~~~~~~~_\\|//_
        ~~~~~~~(.O-O.)
        ~~~oOO0~~(_)~~00o~~~~~~~~~~
        Thomas DeMille, Boston MA 617-512-8674
        **RENT MY VACATION HOMES**
        Caribbean Cabana: http://roatan.islandrentals.org
        Marthas Vineyard: http://mv.islandrentals.org

        HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
        http://www.hotjobs.com

      • vytaspass
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 9 6:19 AM
          Tom, to give you an idea, I'm 6'2" and 195lb too...I ride mainly on a
          slingshot Dimis 157 and a Lightwave 169. I have a 215cm board I
          originally learned on and now it sits there. I used it in the water
          10 times, maybe. Not worth the price since it gets no use.

          It will get some use, though, since we're starting to offer lessons
          in Chicago, it will be the board of choice due to its size and float
          (it has straps - Steve is right)

          Steve, who makes AWAKE? We may be interested in selling it here in
          chicago...if you know, can you email me at
          vytas@...?

          Thanks

          --- In ksurfschool@y..., "Kitepower" <sydney@k...> wrote:
          > G'day Thomas
          >
          > Awake will blow you away, the quality of the footage is awesome, a
          lot is
          > taken from the back of very talented/gutsy jet ski riders. You get
          the
          > feeling you are right there, well as much as you can get that
          feeling from
          > your loungeroom!
          >
          > The picklefork would not be a good choice, if you are going to use
          it with
          > bindings, even though they are cheap now. Trying to learn and
          dealing with
          > bindings gets a lot of people hurt and very frustrated!
          > If you can put something like NSI Antibindings on the 1.71PF it
          will be OK,
          > forget about boards longer than 2.1M, unless you can borrow/hire
          them for
          > the few hours you will get any benefit from them. Big boards are
          really only
          > good for light winds or if you simply want to cruise and not jump,
          and
          > mainly in light winds/smooth waters.
          >
          > Cya and
          > Goodwinds
          > Steve McCormack
          > http://www.kitepower.com.au
          > mailto:sydney@k...
          > Open 7 days
          > Phone +61293157894

          __

          __

          > > Message: 1
          > > Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 19:07:04 -0000
          > > From: "windklutz" <windklutz@y...>
          > > Subject: Re: St Augustine Kitesurfing areas
          > >
          > > I live in St. Augustine. You can pretty much go anywhere on the
          > > beach. You are able to park on the beach but it will be crowded
          on a
          > > holiday weekend. If you are willing to walk up the beach you can
          > > goto Anastasia state parkand probably get away from the crowds.
          On
          > > an outgoing tide and NE wind a lot of people goto Matanza's Inlet.
          > > Daryl is the local kite shop owner (Extreme Kites)
          > > (oceanextremesports.com) on A1A in St. Augustine Beach if you have
          > > any problems while you are here. By the way it has been blowing
          25
          > > knots today.

          __

          __

          > > Message: 2
          > > Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:11:19 +1000
          > > From: "Kitepower" <sydney@k...>
          > > Subject: Re: Re: boost video - AWAKE
          > >
          > > There is room to improve even Boost 2, but it is still the best
          > instructional tape out at the
          > > moment.
          > > I read that a lot of folks want more kite and rider in frame
          views of what
          > is going on and the
          > > AWAKE DVD/video is awesome for that!
          > > If you want to see how to put it all together, and be entertained
          by some
          > of the best
          > > kiteboarding footage you will ever see, get AWAKE.
          > > Highlights for me on the DVD are the Nicolo Porcella section,
          this young
          > fella is going to be
          > > awesome, regardless of what we hear about his mouth!! :-) Every
          young kid
          > who could hang out
          > > with some of the worlds top riders would probably have to act in
          a similar
          > way to survive
          > > anyway!! :-)) Nicolo does incredibly tecnical wakestyle stuff
          with ease,
          > and you can see him
          > > just playing with his gear almost going "what if I do this". This
          no fear
          > attitude is what will
          > > make the youngsters of today into the mind blowing kiters of
          tomorrow.
          > > Other outstanding segments are from Lou W, Elliot L, Alex Pivec,
          Adam
          > Koch, Mark Shinn, Mark
          > > Doyle (amazing)
          > > and several girls.
          > > It is worth every cent, and is very enjoyable to watch on,
          especially on
          > DVD.
          > > Cya and
          > > Goodwinds
          > > Steve McCormack
          > > http://www.kitepower.com.au
          > > open 7 days, every week.

          Service.

          __

          __

          > > Message: 3
          > > Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 05:39:17 -0000
          > > From: "bill2142002" <bill2142002@y...>
          > > Subject: new board twin tip
          > >
          > > Hi
          > >
          > > I want to buy a bi-directional board. I currently have a naish 5.5
          > > which I enjoy riding but find a pain to jibe with. I come from a
          > > skateboard/snowboard background and a twin tip appeals to me. I
          > > weight 75 kg, am 1.7m tall and can get upwind and starting to do
          > > small jumps.I get the most use out of my arx9.5 out here with the
          > > winds regularly around 15 knots and quite a few days 15-20 plus?
          > > There a number of different spots around here with smallish waves,
          > > chop to flat water. I was thinking of getting a naish TT 5.6 or
          > > 5.3, or a Cabrinha Prankster 172. Will it be alot harder to ride
          such
          > > a board compared to the mutant and will I need significantly more
          > > power. I want a board which will stay with me as I hopefully
          > > progress, I would keep the mutant for lighter wind days but
          ideally
          > > would want to use the TT most of the time. Will the naish TT or
          > > Cabrinha Prankster feel alot different to ride compared to the
          mutant
          > > if so in what way, I have got used to the feel of the mutant.
          > >
          > > To many questions probably - thanks for any advice
          > >
          > > Bill

          > =====
          > ~~~~~~~_\\|//_
          > ~~~~~~~(.O-O.)
          > ~~~oOO0~~(_)~~00o~~~~~~~~~~
          > Thomas DeMille, Boston MA 617-512-8674
          > **RENT MY VACATION HOMES**
          > Caribbean Cabana: http://roatan.islandrentals.org
          > Marthas Vineyard: http://mv.islandrentals.org

          > http://www.hotjobs.com
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • jamisdiablo69
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 9 8:28 AM
            Who else but TRONOLONE!

            :)

            Scot

            --- In ksurfschool@y..., "vytaspass" <surfsup@r...> wrote:
            > Tom, to give you an idea, I'm 6'2" and 195lb too...I ride mainly on
            > slingshot Dimis 157 and a Lightwave 169. I have a 215cm board I
            > originally learned on and now it sits there. I used it in the water
            > 10 times, maybe. Not worth the price since it gets no use.
            >
            > It will get some use, though, since we're starting to offer lessons
            > in Chicago, it will be the board of choice due to its size and
            float
            > (it has straps - Steve is right)
            >
            > Steve, who makes AWAKE? We may be interested in selling it here in
            > chicago...if you know, can you email me at
            > vytas@c...?
            >
            > Thanks

            > www.chicagokitesurfing.com
            >
            > --- In ksurfschool@y..., "Kitepower" <sydney@k...> wrote:
            > > G'day Thomas
            > >
            > > Awake will blow you away, the quality of the footage is awesome,
            > lot is
            > > taken from the back of very talented/gutsy jet ski riders. You
            get
            > the
            > > feeling you are right there, well as much as you can get that
            > feeling from
            > > your loungeroom!
            > >
            > > The picklefork would not be a good choice, if you are going to
            use
            > it with
            > > bindings, even though they are cheap now. Trying to learn and
            > dealing with
            > > bindings gets a lot of people hurt and very frustrated!
            > > If you can put something like NSI Antibindings on the 1.71PF it
            > will be OK,
            > > forget about boards longer than 2.1M, unless you can borrow/hire
            > them for
            > > the few hours you will get any benefit from them. Big boards are
            > really only
            > > good for light winds or if you simply want to cruise and not
            jump,
            > and
            > > mainly in light winds/smooth waters.
            > >
            > > Cya and
            > > Goodwinds
            > > Steve McCormack
            > > http://www.kitepower.com.au
            > > mailto:sydney@k...
            > > Open 7 days
            > > 126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, Australia 2034
            > > Phone +61293157894

            Service.

          • Kitepower
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 9 2:25 PM
              Go to
              http://www.tronolone.com

              For details of where to get the Awake video/DVD, if you have a shop and want to resell it.
              http://www.kitepower.com.au
              open 7 days, every week.
              Tom, to give you an idea, I'm 6'2" and 195lb too...I ride mainly on a
              slingshot Dimis 157 and a Lightwave 169. I have a 215cm board I
              originally learned on and now it sits there. I used it in the water
              10 times, maybe. Not worth the price since it gets no use.

              It will get some use, though, since we're starting to offer lessons
              in Chicago, it will be the board of choice due to its size and float
              (it has straps - Steve is right)

              Steve, who makes AWAKE? We may be interested in selling it here in
              chicago...if you know, can you email me at
              vytas@...?

              Thanks

              www.chicagokitesurfing.com

              --- In ksurfschool@y..., "Kitepower" <sydney@k...> wrote:
              > G'day Thomas
              >
              > Awake will blow you away, the quality of the footage is awesome, a
              lot is
              > taken from the back of very talented/gutsy jet ski riders. You get
              the
              > feeling you are right there, well as much as you can get that
              feeling from
              > your loungeroom!
              >
              > The picklefork would not be a good choice, if you are going to use
              it with
              > bindings, even though they are cheap now. Trying to learn and
              dealing with
              > bindings gets a lot of people hurt and very frustrated!
              > If you can put something like NSI Antibindings on the 1.71PF it
              will be OK,
              > forget about boards longer than 2.1M, unless you can borrow/hire
              them for
              > the few hours you will get any benefit from them. Big boards are
              really only
              > good for light winds or if you simply want to cruise and not jump,
              and
              > mainly in light winds/smooth waters.
              >
              > Cya and
              > Goodwinds
              > Steve McCormack
              > http://www.kitepower.com.au
              > mailto:sydney@k...
              > Open 7 days
              > Phone +61293157894

              __

              __

              > > Message: 2
              > > Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:11:19 +1000
              > > From: "Kitepower" <sydney@k...>
              > > Subject: Re: Re: boost video - AWAKE
              > >
              > > There is room to improve even Boost 2, but it is still the best
              > instructional tape out at the
              > > moment.
              > > I read that a lot of folks want more kite and rider in frame
              views of what
              > is going on and the
              > > AWAKE DVD/video is awesome for that!
              > > If you want to see how to put it all together, and be entertained
              by some
              > of the best
              > > kiteboarding footage you will ever see, get AWAKE.
              > > Highlights for me on the DVD are the Nicolo Porcella section,
              this young
              > fella is going to be
              > > awesome, regardless of what we hear about his mouth!! :-) Every
              young kid
              > who could hang out
              > > with some of the worlds top riders would probably have to act in
              a similar
              > way to survive
              > > anyway!! :-)) Nicolo does incredibly tecnical wakestyle stuff
              with ease,
              > and you can see him
              > > just playing with his gear almost going "what if I do this". This
              no fear
              > attitude is what will
              > > make the youngsters of today into the mind blowing kiters of
              tomorrow.
              > > Other outstanding segments are from Lou W, Elliot L, Alex Pivec,
              Adam
              > Koch, Mark Shinn, Mark
              > > Doyle (amazing)
              > > and several girls.
              > > It is worth every cent, and is very enjoyable to watch on,
              especially on
              > DVD.
              > > Cya and
              > > Goodwinds
              > > Steve McCormack
              > > http://www.kitepower.com.au
              > > open 7 days, every week.

              Service.

              __

              __

              > > Message: 3
              > > Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 05:39:17 -0000
              > > From: "bill2142002" <bill2142002@y...>
              > > Subject: new board twin tip
              > >
              > > Hi
              > >
              > > I want to buy a bi-directional board. I currently have a naish 5.5
              > > which I enjoy riding but find a pain to jibe with. I come from a
              > > skateboard/snowboard background and a twin tip appeals to me. I
              > > weight 75 kg, am 1.7m tall and can get upwind and starting to do
              > > small jumps.I get the most use out of my arx9.5 out here with the
              > > winds regularly around 15 knots and quite a few days 15-20 plus?
              > > There a number of different spots around here with smallish waves,
              > > chop to flat water. I was thinking of getting a naish TT 5.6 or
              > > 5.3, or a Cabrinha Prankster 172. Will it be alot harder to ride
              such
              > > a board compared to the mutant and will I need significantly more
              > > power. I want a board which will stay with me as I hopefully
              > > progress, I would keep the mutant for lighter wind days but
              ideally
              > > would want to use the TT most of the time. Will the naish TT or
              > > Cabrinha Prankster feel alot different to ride compared to the
              mutant
              > > if so in what way, I have got used to the feel of the mutant.
              > >
              > > To many questions probably - thanks for any advice
              > >
              > > Bill

              > =====
              > Thomas DeMille, Boston MA 617-512-8674
              > **RENT MY VACATION HOMES**