St Augustine Kitesurfing areas

  • George Sarris
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2002
      Anyone know of good areas to kitesurf in the St.
      Augustine area. I'll be there around the labor day
      weekend and want to get in a few sessions.

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • jamisdiablo69
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2002
        call Barton Decker at the Hatteras Island Surf Shop in Waves, North
        Carolina. He's got a guy working there who used to live in St. Aug
        and kites, I know he knows some good spots...

        good luck!

        scot

        --- In ksurfschool@y..., George Sarris <jakefarley2000@y...> wrote:
        > Anyone know of good areas to kitesurf in the St.
        > Augustine area. I'll be there around the labor day
        > weekend and want to get in a few sessions.

        > http://health.yahoo.com
      • windklutz
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 7, 2002
          I live in St. Augustine. You can pretty much go anywhere on the
          beach. You are able to park on the beach but it will be crowded on a
          holiday weekend. If you are willing to walk up the beach you can
          goto Anastasia state parkand probably get away from the crowds. On
          an outgoing tide and NE wind a lot of people goto Matanza's Inlet.
          Daryl is the local kite shop owner (Extreme Kites)
          (oceanextremesports.com) on A1A in St. Augustine Beach if you have
          any problems while you are here. By the way it has been blowing 25
          knots today.