Re: water relaunch prob this weekend

  • vytaspass
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2002
      Good job getting some practice in before hitting the open water. Very
      smart to do it in a confined space and good job so far! You might
      want to take a lesson. For a couple hundred bucks, you can learn a
      lot in one day and not do harm to yourself or your gear. Check here
      for the answer to your question. Scroll down to the bottom for
      inflatable tips (water re-launching). More tips added all the time so
      check back frequently....

      http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com/tipsandtricks.html

      --- In ksurfschool@y..., "tdemille" <tdemille@y...> wrote:
      > Hi again,
      >
      > I was body dragging all weekend. I have a great spot. Its an
      inland
      > salt pond (quite large), and it is at the south end of an island,
      > seperated from the ocean only by some dunes (not too high). So you
      > get the SW winds coming in strong across the Atlantic, but you are
      in
      > a confined area. This turned out to be quite a good thing for me
      > since I ended up getting dragged all the way across the pond. (I
      > know realize why you never go in offshore winds)
      >
      > Anyway I was doing quite well for an hour or so, and then my kite
      > crashed near the edge of the window (I think I was trying to upwind
      > body drag at the time :) ). Anyway my kite (Wipika Free Air 8.9)
      is
      > supposed to "drift to the edge of the window" and then relaunch.
      But