Re: [ksurfschool] Re: boost video

  • Dwight & Jacky
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2002
      It's been updated and now it's called Boost II.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2002
        Boost 2 now coming on stream, also in DVD, we will have them in a couple of
        weeks.
        Boost (1) still the best instructional around

        Best Regards

        Brian Wilson
        Suntrax
        Tel/fax 27 21 5560044
        cell; 0824656696
        www.suntrax.co.za
        suntrax@...

        > Boost video is over a year old now, when it came out originally it
        > was streaks ahead of any other instructional video in all departments.
        >
        > Perhaps now it needs to be updated, particulary in the safety side of
        > things...
        >

        > --- In ksurfschool@y..., "tdemille" <tdemille@y...> wrote:
        > > The boost video is awesome if you want to get tweaked to catch 30
        > > feet of air or do 720s. But I do agree that the camera work is not
        > > good at all. I noticed the same thing. Why they don't show what
        > the
        > > kite is doing more often I don't know. Also they seem to be a
        > little
        > > lax on the safety side of things.

        ksurfschool-unsubscribe@egroups.com

      • vytaspass
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6, 2002
          I agree about safety, and not to knock videos (but I will)....most,
          if not all (I haven't seen them all), do not really offer
          instruction. There's talk about what to do, but a lot is left out
          since you can't see the rider and the kite at the same time. They
          just seem like a marketing ploy to increase awareness for local
          riders and shops....

          I don't know...but they could certainly do a better job to promote
          safety, like showing riders riding with helmets and PFDs and
          LEASHES!, and more instruction. I'm sure I'll get thrashed for saying
          that, but in Chicago, as the sport grows, we have a perfect safety
          record so far, and we're trying real hard to keep it that way!

          www.chicagokitesurfing.com