Re: boost video

  • callum_downie
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2002
      Boost video is over a year old now, when it came out originally it
      was streaks ahead of any other instructional video in all departments.

      Perhaps now it needs to be updated, particulary in the safety side of
      things...

      --- In ksurfschool@y..., "tdemille" <tdemille@y...> wrote:
      > The boost video is awesome if you want to get tweaked to catch 30
      > feet of air or do 720s. But I do agree that the camera work is not
      > good at all. I noticed the same thing. Why they don't show what
      the
      > kite is doing more often I don't know. Also they seem to be a
      little
      > lax on the safety side of things.
    • Dwight & Jacky
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2002
        It's been updated and now it's called Boost II.

        Boost video is over a year old now, when it came out originally it
        was streaks ahead of any other instructional video in all departments.

        Perhaps now it needs to be updated, particulary in the safety side of
        things...

        --- In ksurfschool@y..., "tdemille" <tdemille@y...> wrote:
        > The boost video is awesome if you want to get tweaked to catch 30
        > feet of air or do 720s. But I do agree that the camera work is not
        > good at all. I noticed the same thing. Why they don't show what
        the
        > kite is doing more often I don't know. Also they seem to be a
        little
        > lax on the safety side of things.

      • Suntrax
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 5, 2002
          Boost 2 now coming on stream, also in DVD, we will have them in a couple of
          weeks.
          Boost (1) still the best instructional around

          Best Regards

          Brian Wilson
          Suntrax
          Tel/fax 27 21 5560044
          cell; 0824656696
          www.suntrax.co.za
          suntrax@...

          > Boost video is over a year old now, when it came out originally it
          > was streaks ahead of any other instructional video in all departments.
          >
          > Perhaps now it needs to be updated, particulary in the safety side of
          > things...
          >

          > --- In ksurfschool@y..., "tdemille" <tdemille@y...> wrote:
          > > The boost video is awesome if you want to get tweaked to catch 30
          > > feet of air or do 720s. But I do agree that the camera work is not
          > > good at all. I noticed the same thing. Why they don't show what
          > the
          > > kite is doing more often I don't know. Also they seem to be a
          > little
          > > lax on the safety side of things.

          ksurfschool-unsubscribe@egroups.com

        • vytaspass
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 6, 2002
            I agree about safety, and not to knock videos (but I will)....most,
            if not all (I haven't seen them all), do not really offer
            instruction. There's talk about what to do, but a lot is left out
            since you can't see the rider and the kite at the same time. They
            just seem like a marketing ploy to increase awareness for local
            riders and shops....

            I don't know...but they could certainly do a better job to promote
            safety, like showing riders riding with helmets and PFDs and
            LEASHES!, and more instruction. I'm sure I'll get thrashed for saying
            that, but in Chicago, as the sport grows, we have a perfect safety
            record so far, and we're trying real hard to keep it that way!

            www.chicagokitesurfing.com