Re: [ksurfschool] Digest Number 679

  • Kitepower
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2002
      G'day thomas
      No you won't body drag upwind with a 2lined inflato, but if you 4 line it, and are using it in enough wind, then you will be able to body drag upwind easily.
      I suspect a lot of people are going to lose boards in the process of learning to body drag, that is why the Oceanus Reel leash is so good, you can clip it on or off in the water with one hand easily.
      It has saved my board before, when the tide changed in the river mouth I often kite in. There are often rips and currents in the ocean beware of not being able to get back to your board, don't keep trying when you make no ground on it after several passes, body drag to shore and run upwind or downwind and drag back out to it.
      http://www.kitepower.com.au
      open 7 days, every week.