Re: Flying Upwind Kite Videos

  • hink_trent
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2002
      --- In ksurfschool@y..., "pauric o'callaghan" <paurico@p...> wrote:
      > It appears to me that a lot of questions could be answered if we
      could visualise what was being explained. Videos go a long way to
      doing this but its sometimes hard
      > to 'see the woods for the trees'. There's so much going on in a
      video that its hard to see the fundamentals

      I just wanted to say that i think that the videos I have seen are
      pretty crappy when it comes to teaching kiting. They try to hype
      everything by stringing a bunch of fast action clips, and it is too
      much to take in at once. Frequently they just don't show things; the
      Boost video only has one clear shot showing what is going on with
      both the kite and ther rider when the rider jumps - the clip is in
      full speed, about 5 seconds long, and it is not even shown with the
      jumping lesson!
    • Denisesewa@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2002
        In a message dated 8/3/2002 8:20:29 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
        hink_trent@... writes:

        > I just wanted to say that i think that the videos I have seen are
        > pretty crappy when it comes to teaching kiting. They try to hype
        > everything by stringing a bunch of fast action clips, and it is too
        > much to take in at once. Frequently they just don't show things; the
        > Boost video only has one clear shot showing what is going on with
        > both the kite and ther rider when the rider jumps - the clip is in
        > full speed, about 5 seconds long, and it is not even shown with the
        > jumping lesson!

        I have been thinking about ordering the boost videos, anyone have a copy
        they are finished with?? , e-mail me
        Denise
        http://hometown.aol.com/denisesewa/index.html