Re: [ksurfschool] Directional works better for variable wind condition!

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2002
      "Hung Vu" <hungvu@...> wrote:

      > I took out my old Clam Sandwich directional in the last few days for a
      > change and re-fell in love with it.
      > The board works like a champ in variable wind condition (from way
      > underpower to way overpower).

      Probably a good reason to recommend them to beginners, who are more likely
      to be overpowered or underpowered (due to skill-induced wind range), & not
      even know it.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15, 2002
        Except for light wind, I have been riding bi-directional board
        exclusively in the last 1.5 years.

        The conditions have been too gusty and variable lately and I felt
        miserable with my bi-directional.

        I took out my old Clam Sandwich directional in the last few days for a
        change and re-fell in love with it.

        The board works like a champ in variable wind condition (from way
        underpower to way overpower).

        P.S., Yes, Jibing is much more fun especially when that is the only
        thing you can do when the wind switch to underpower mode.