Re: [ksurfschool] F-One Mach 1 wind ranges

  • Alex Tien Do
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2002
      I have seen different construction as polyfuse and dacron in type of kites.
      Could anyone explain the difference between the two as far as performance and durability.
      I am planning to upgrade my gear but a lot of hesitation between Naish X2 and the March f-one.
      Any advices and recommendations are greatly appreciated.

      Thanks for reply

      Alex

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2002
        G'day
        From what I have read about polyfuse, and seen of its use in various kites,
        it is a very good material for the bladder outers of modern inflatable
        kites. It is strong, and light two qualities much needed for this type of
        kite design. I believe it was developed by the Naish company, specifically
        for inflatables, and it is made using a very different process to the
        traditional mylar backed dacron materials that had all those delam problems.
        Dacron, is a trade mark of the Dupont company I think, and refers to a tough
        material commonly used in sails leading edges and reinforcings, sport kites
        leading edges, and now inflatable kites. Its use in inflatable kitesurfing
        kites was pioneered by the the North Rhino kite and now several companies
        are using it. It has a long history of use, and is well known for its
        toughness and low stretch characteristics.
        I have riders who I sponsor who are using kites made from both and neither
        type of material has developed any problems in the last 8-9 months of heavy
        use.
        Buy any kite made from either material with confidence.

        http://www.kitepower.com.au
        mailto:sydney@...
        Open 7 days
        126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, Australia 2034
        Phone +61293157894

        Anyone knows the wind range for F-One March1
        Appreciate it

        Thanks

        Everytime I try going to the address you stated below I get
        redirected to the following site: "http://www.roar.com/client/?
        sh=1577". Do you know any other place that might have the reel
        control bars.

        Thanks,

        Cyberchulo1

        --- In ksurfschool@y..., kennyfarnsworth@c... wrote:
        > I found a company named ReelBar LLC that will start producing
        reels for kite
        > surfing in May. I spoke with the owner, Mark Ribkoff he told me
        that many of
        > the design elements are patented by Cory Roessler, KiteSki. The
        prices are
        > also reasonable and it will have a safety release. For a preview
        of the
        > product check out reelbar.com.
        >
        > Yesterday, I went out with my 9.0 Naish. Another beginning kite
        surfer was
        > in the water with a wakeboard. He told me that using a wakeboard
        is a lot
        > easier for him. He was able to get up and plane almost
        immediately after
        > launching. He did not have to mess with trying to drag the board
        over and
        > maintain the proper position. If you have wakeboarding experience
        and can
        > ride fakie, this is probably the best way to go. Of course, you
        will get
        > dragged down wind if you don't have a kite specific wakeboard, but
        all
        > beginning kite surfers are dragged down wind anyway.
        >
        > Kenny

        To unsubscribe, please send an email to
        ksurfschool-unsubscribe@egroups.com

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. Get
        more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 6, 2002
          thanks