Re: Adding power booster to Naish Aero

  • glennfbartlett
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2002
      Thanx Guys, I was really wondering if it would make the kite feel
      lighter. I am also keen to set up a spinning leash system which
      would mean I cant use the usual technique of swimming after
      the kite to flip it, so I thought a bridle might be useful here. I think
      I'll take your advice re the bridle and I'll try the shackle with the
      technique of pulling in a metre or two of front line to flip the kite. I
      agree the aero is not difficult to flip normally.
      Thanx
      Glenn

      <callum_downie@h...> wrote:
      > > A couple fo things...
      > >
      > > The power booster bridal DOES NOT make the kite turn
      faster! It
      > makes
      > > it lighter to turn, but the kite actually doesn't turn faster.
      > >
      > > The PRESURE you need to exert on the bar is halved BUT
      the
      > DISTANCE
      > > you need to turn the bar is DOUBLED.
      > >
      > > As far as relaunching goes the 12 aero sould relaunch very
      easily,
      > if
      > > your having trouble, you need to work on your technique...
      > >
      > > The struts the bridal should attach to is the medium struts,
      not
      > the
      > > center one or the small end ones...
      > >
      > > I see know advantage to power boosting a 12 aero, but if ya
      want
      > > play then go ahead...
      > >
      > > Callum
      > > --- In ksurfschool@y..., "glennfbartlett" <glennbartlett@c...>
      > wrote:
      > > > Hi, Ive been thinking about adding a power booster to my
      Naish