Re: Kiteboard selection - buy the Slingshot

  • Paul Underhill
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2000
      Kenny,

      Thanks for the input. I have called around, and no one around here
      carries that board. I have found a good price for a Wipika classic
      7'3" however, and I am curious to know if you or anyone else has
      tried this board. Thoughts?

      --- In ksurfschool@egroups.com, "Farnsworth, Kenny" <kenny@r...>
      wrote:
      > I also weigh 175 LBS. I have tried the Air Rush. I own the 7'6"
      Naish sky
      > pirate and the Wake-N-Style from Lightwave Designs. They are all
      great
      > boards, I especially like the Wake-N-Style now that I have some
      experience.
      > However, for a beginner I would recommend another board. I highly
      recommend
      > the Slingshot "Little Fat Bast..." I don't think much of the name
      (it
      > doesn't appear on the board), but IT IS the board for beginners.
      It
      is 6'2"
      > long and 22" wide. It has a lot of floatation (I think even more
      than the
      > Air Rush or sky pirate), so it is easy to get up and keep going
      even
      if you
      > haven't perfected your kite flying ability. It has four fins, so
      it
      goes
      > upwind well. It is easier to haul up the beach than the Air Rush
      or
      Sky
      > Pirate due to its shorter length. It is easier to learn how to
      jibe
      due to
      > its shorter length. When you progress to a smaller board, the
      Slingshot is
      > still a great light wind board. Trust me, the Slingshot is the
      board to
      > buy.
      >
      > The Wake-N-Style is a great board and I use it most of the time.
      However,