Re: [ksurfschool] Re: Quick release shackles

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 23, 2002
      "jonnykitesurfer" <courchesne@...> wrote:

      > ---Maybe i am now. My Q line should be here in a week and i will
      > change the little shackle rope with Q line.

      Or if you're really afraid of breakage, use a thin stainless cable. Also,
      unlike some other shackles, it's possible to release even if the line breaks
      (just pull the spring down manually), although that would be virtually
      impossible in an emergency situation.

      > ...Wichards 2673 ...
      > looks like we can close this one over your loop with one hand pretty
      > quick. Is that so or it's harder then i thing?

      I've reattached mine easily enough several times on the water, but I use
      both hands, while holding the leash with one of them, to keep the kite
      depowered on the surface.

      Mel

      ksurfschool-unsubscribe@egroups.com