RE: [ksurfschool] REVERSE RELAUNCH IN WATER

  • Troy Bezanson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2002
      If you don't already have the power steering Bridle, why not try adding
      another line specifically for reverse launching.
      I did this for my Naish 13.5 by adding a 5th line. Works perfect for water
      relaunching. or drift launching if you don't have much beach.
      Having made the modification, I spend a lot more time flying the kite
      instead of getting tired, or frustrated trying to relaunch. Now it's a
      no-brainer to do.

      Now whenever I need a rest, I think nothing of Setting the kite Leading Edge
      down for a few minutes, then when I'm ready, I pull the fifth line and away
      I go.

      These are the instructions I followed. There's a step by step video showing
      the kite in action.
      http://www.kitesnowboard.com/Content/MediaRoom/Fifthlinesetup.html

      Tips: 1st. Make sure your added line is longer than your other lines so it
      won't affect the kites regular flying characteristics.
      2nd. Make the V bridle that they talk about bigger so it doesn't
      pull the struts in.
      3rd. 6 Feet of webbing makes a good leader for pulling on.
      4th. My first attempt was to use Cheap Line from a hardware store.
      Forget the cheap line and use something with less stretch.
      Stretchy line is a killer!
      You end up pulling in about 10 feet of line before the kite
      even takes off and risk getting tangled around your harness or bar..