REVERSE RELAUNCH IN WATER

  • sebastian delmedico
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2002
      DOES ANY BODY HAVE A PROVEN METHODS TO REVERSE
      RELAUNCH BIG KITES IN THE WATER MAKING USE OF THE
      POWER STEERING BRIDDLE? ONE OF MY PROBLEMS STEMS FROM
      THE KITE PULLING ME FORWARD MORE OR LESS ACCORDING TO
      THE STRENGHT OF THE WIND.THIS IS PRIOR TO ATTEMPTING
      TO PULL ON THE LONG LEADERS.
      THANKS
      SEBASTIAN

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
    • Troy Bezanson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2002
        If you don't already have the power steering Bridle, why not try adding
        another line specifically for reverse launching.
        I did this for my Naish 13.5 by adding a 5th line. Works perfect for water
        relaunching. or drift launching if you don't have much beach.
        Having made the modification, I spend a lot more time flying the kite
        instead of getting tired, or frustrated trying to relaunch. Now it's a
        no-brainer to do.

        Now whenever I need a rest, I think nothing of Setting the kite Leading Edge
        down for a few minutes, then when I'm ready, I pull the fifth line and away
        I go.

        These are the instructions I followed. There's a step by step video showing
        the kite in action.
        http://www.kitesnowboard.com/Content/MediaRoom/Fifthlinesetup.html

        Tips: 1st. Make sure your added line is longer than your other lines so it
        won't affect the kites regular flying characteristics.
        2nd. Make the V bridle that they talk about bigger so it doesn't
        pull the struts in.
        3rd. 6 Feet of webbing makes a good leader for pulling on.
        4th. My first attempt was to use Cheap Line from a hardware store.
        Forget the cheap line and use something with less stretch.
        Stretchy line is a killer!
        You end up pulling in about 10 feet of line before the kite
        even takes off and risk getting tangled around your harness or bar..
        DOES ANY BODY HAVE A PROVEN METHODS TO REVERSE
        RELAUNCH BIG KITES IN THE WATER MAKING USE OF THE
        POWER STEERING BRIDDLE? ONE OF MY PROBLEMS STEMS FROM
        THE KITE PULLING ME FORWARD MORE OR LESS ACCORDING TO
        THE STRENGHT OF THE WIND.THIS IS PRIOR TO ATTEMPTING
        TO PULL ON THE LONG LEADERS.
        THANKS
        SEBASTIAN

        http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com