RE: [ksurfschool] Re: question on landing solo.

  • Philip
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 5, 2002
      Kenny,

      Agreed.
      By the way the place Sounds great! How do I get there?

      Philip

      Philip Mann
      Inland Sea Windsurf Co.
      http://www.inlandsea.com
      Kitesite.net
      http://www.kitesite.net
      toll free 888-465-2632

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 5, 2002
        I walk nearly a line length from the edge of the water, then dive the kite
        down (from about a kitespan up, in order to have enough space to get the LE
        parallel to the water, & then run a few steps to slacken the lines before it
        hits), & just run & grab it (carrying the bar). The fact that it's
        side-onshore, with small surf may help make this technique work.

        Mel
      • glennfbartlett
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 6, 2002
          --- In ksurfschool@y..., Mel <kitebord@p...> wrote:
          > I walk nearly a line length from the edge of the water, then dive
          the kite
          > down (from about a kitespan up, in order to have enough
          space to get the LE
          > parallel to the water, & then run a few steps to slacken the
          lines before it
          > hits), & just run & grab it (carrying the bar). The fact that it's
          > side-onshore, with small surf may help make this technique
          work.

          > Mel

          Thanks everyone for the advice. I think next time I'll try taking off
          my wrist leash before retrieving the kite. I guess I'm a little wary
          of "land-based manoevers at present--maybe when I'm a little
          more advanced.

          Cheers
          Glenn