Re: light wind kite

  • callum_downie
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28, 2002
      Hi See my inserts below...

      --- In ksurfschool@y..., "vasvari54" <Shenmen@s...> wrote:
      > Hi out there,
      > I need to buy a light wind kite to complement a 10m RRD conv. About
      > my skill level I say, I am happily staying upwind and learning to
      > jibe on directionals (6'4 and 5'), my weight is 67kg. I gathered
      from
      > the messages, that I probably need a kite around 15m.
      > I am puzzled about
      > 1.what style and aspect ratio should I go for? I understand that
      the
      > aspect ratio should be higher on a big kite, but how high, so that
      it
      > is still comfortable to handle for a not very experienced kiter?

      Medium aspect 16's still work fine, look at the north rhino, naish
      aero style... Can't put a number on the aspect, different co's
      measure it differently.

      > 2. What brands should I go for? Probably second hand, last year
      > models.

      Some people are selling rhino's now, you can't go far past that IMO.

      > 3. I am using a 50cm bar. Should I get a longer one, or it would be
      > fine on a big kite?

      Dunno possibly, chances are the kite will be sold with the bar... I
      ride my 12.2 lift (15.1 flat) with a 55cm bar, but the lift does turn
      quicker than most...

      HTH
      Callum