Re: [ksurfschool] Big post - rookie LEI question! Please help.

  • Kitepower
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2002
      Hi V
      Please download the excellent Flexifoil Storm instruction booklet, set up
      you lines as described in that booklet.
      http://www.kitepower.com.au/news/storm_instructions.pdf
      Your 14M kite should have had you easily powered on that large board you
      have, so you must have it really depowered (confirmed by your statement the
      bar is too close for comfort).
      I would say your front lines need to be about 6" longer than they are now
      and you will feel a radical difference in power and steering, be careful.
      Inlataltos and Arcs are esentially the same kite style and are set up in
      very similar ways, except an arcs rear lines must be longer than the fronts
      to get top performance from them.
      Kitermatt gave a pretty clear description on how to adjust your current
      set-up, you use the knots on your leaders to make the approriate
      adjustments. Always use the same knots on the kite, unless you are trying to
      get a bit extra range from your kite.

      http://www.kitepower.com.au
      open 7 days, every week.