Re: [ksurfschool] Re: foil not inflating properly

  • Paul Jarvis
    Message 1 of 9 , May 21, 2002
      I pegged mine up by the trailing edge on the washing line and squirted water up inside through the leading edge. Got rather wet doing it but got most the sand out. You have to hold it open and manipulate the sand as the sand down here is very sticky and does not come off even when bone dry.
      Paul
      jimshoedj <jimshoedj@...> wrote: Any tips on how to get sand out of the kite?? Mine is a Ram airfoil
      and I haven't found an easy way to do it yet... I have been doing
      this with the kite dry and just using gravity to work the sand
      through the internal baffles - a real pain, heheh. Any suggestions
      greatly appreciated.

      Jim

      --- In ksurfschool@y..., "annagraceamelia" <annagraceamelia@y...>
      wrote:
      > I have a 6M closed cell foil that flew fine last summer/fall. When
      > got it out this spring something has gone wrong. After I put a
      little
      > air in it and launch it doesn't fill the rest of the way while I
      fly
      > it. The trailing edge flaps a lot. There are no visible holes or
      > signs of wear. Any suggestions appreciated.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      For great deals on mobile and fixed wire telephones (UK only) call 01243 530576 or e-mail to phoneinchi@...

      New connections, upgrades, pay as you go and SIM free all supplied.

      Paul J.

      http://www.matmice.com/home/misterpauljarvis