New f1 starter....

  • Graham French
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10 10:37 AM
      I'm now the proud owner of an 7m F1 starter.

      Couple of questions.

      The new kite lines had no loops at the end. Rather than create a loop and tie a knot creating a week point I created the loop and bound the line together with thread. Is this the correct ? Its rather crucial these don't fail so I though I better check what others do.

      Secondly I haven't had time to fly it properly yet, but I did take it out and pump it up and fly it from the bridle lines to check it out. It seemed to fly slightly easier if I pulled in the front bridle lines a fraction (are these the A lines ?) Any chance they screwed up the lengths of the bridle lines or  is this just because the air was mucky close to the ground.

      There's what looks like a fourth set of bridle lines (The D lines ?) on it that are very loose. Are these the break lines should I choose to fly it four line.

      I love the clear and concise documentation that comes with these kites...nothing... Appreciate any advise.

      Regards

      Graham French