RE: [ksurfschool] RE: Re: first snow/water kite

  • Mark Pronk
    Message 1 of 10 , May 3 2:57 AM
      Flexi says ouch!!! ;-)

      Have fun kiting! Whatever you fly!
      mARC

      <http://www.f-arc.tk[ Mark Pronk] > http://www.f-arc.tk

      Van: Pauric [mailto:paurico@...]
      Verzonden: vrijdag 3 mei 2002 11:45
      Aan: ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com
      Onderwerp: Re: [ksurfschool] RE: Re: first snow/water kite

      for everyone's information - blades are not the only traction foil
      available. They're an old, but good, design. I really wish flexi would cut
      the price because they have more than made their money back on these things.
      Prone to lufting, bow tie'ing and require more than the average amount in
      sine'ing to keep them going when slightly under powered.

      If anyone is considering using a blade on water there are other foils which
      have far better performance, more stable in gusty conditions and require
      less work. Its true that that you can get a bar conversion kit for the
      blade, however its a four line foil, the kit works with other four line
      foils.

      I dont understand why anyone trusts a kite company that promotes its 'top of
      the range' land based traction as its prefered sea kite, its sea kite is a
      bag of crap - the nexus, its low end land based traction is actually bought
      in from another company and consistently out performs the 'top of the range'
      model - go figure!. Flexi make a lot of money and dont deserve it. Put the
      money in to companies which make an effort to develop good kites and dont
      just sit back and put their money in to marketing. Ok, I havent seen the
      Storm yet! But for one of the world leaders in kites.. its been a very long
      time in comming.

      03 May 2002 01:03
      To: ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com
      cc:
      Subject: Re: [ksurfschool] RE: Re: first snow/water kite

      >Blades are used by people all over the world to kitesurf. Even beginners
      can
      >use a Blade if they are in an area of shallow water or do not venture
      >further from shore than they can safely swim.
      >Blades can be very safe, if they hit the water 99% of times they stay
      there!
      >They are also a very stable kite, which means they are quite suitable for
      >beginners. If your water use is limited and you understand the above, I
      have
      >no problem recommending a Blade to anyone. Get a lesson with it, if there
      is
      >an issue with knowledge on how to fly a Blade.

      Great foils true, I had a guy in my shop today, Hunter, an int/advanced
      rider who used to ride blades exclusively but is not on Liquid Force 2001
      kites. (cheap and he likes 'em)

      He mentioned he loves the performance but was held back learning new
      tricks, if he blew a maneuverer it was all over, luffed, drowned kite, swim
      in, he guessed it put him 6 months behind riders of similar ability and
      start times in our area.

      I rode them occasionally but had the same feelings, passing on info.... No
      doubt about their power, thats for sure, but yank HARD in gusts. The beauty
      of the arcs is that they are are a foil, (the have some down sides) and
      they absorb a lot of the gusts due to their "inflatable" shape.....good for
      hard packed snow and beginning.

      Sincerely
      Andy Heaton

      http://www.KiteHIGH.com <http://www.KiteHIGH.com>
      http://www.kitesurfcam.com <http://www.kitesurfcam.com>
      http://www.alohakiteboarding.com <http://www.alohakiteboarding.com>

      E: support@...
      P: 1 866 646 7835 (TOLL Free USA)
      P: +001 808 250 5483 (International)
      F: 1 928 563 2760

      http://www.KitesurfingSchool.org/faqs.htm
      <http://www.KitesurfingSchool.org/faqs.htm> for the answers

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.2021092.3499911.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=17051009
      63:HM/A=1036972/R=0/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=3466> Click Here!

      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=194081.2021092.3499911.1829184/D=egroupmai
      l/S=1705100963:HM/A=1036972/rand=575209654>