power booster set up

  • Beddows, Norm
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2002
      Hi there
      Has anyone attached an ARX power booster to an AR5 kite. I have a 13.5 AR5 and was wondering how much reinforcement is required if I'm sewing an attachment for the rear line of the bridle onto the center strut. Any other advice would be appreciated, like does it actually make a difference in the turning speed of the kite?
      Thanks, Norm
    • SARAH HORTON
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2002
        Hey Norm,
        Usually, the simpeler, the better, try using a longer bar. make sure you are fully sheeted in when turning. Sheeting in will give your rear steering line more tension, when the kite begins to turn, sheet out a bit so the sail can gain speed. (if you are using a chicken loop)
        "Beddows, Norm" <norm.beddows@...> wrote: Hi there
        Has anyone attached an ARX power booster to an AR5 kite. I have a 13.5 AR5 and was wondering how much reinforcement is required if I'm sewing an attachment for the rear line of the bridle onto the center strut. Any other advice would be appreciated, like does it actually make a difference in the turning speed of the kite?
        Thanks, Norm

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT