Re: What line length?

  • cfglazier
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2002
      --- In ksurfschool@y..., "glennfbartlett" <glennbartlett@c...> wrote:
      > I have read that longer lines extend the windrange of a kite.

      I think that this has been over stated in the past. Beginners are
      taught on longer lines so they have more time to react. And longer
      lines give longer distances to sine the kite, but don't expect a lot
      more power. It doesn't help at all at the high wind end and not too
      much at the low end IMO.
      Shorter lines (< 20 m) have advantages with faster response, but
      that's another issue.

      Chris G