Re: [ksurfschool] RE: Re: first snow/water kite

  • KiteHIGH - North Shore
    Message 1 of 10 , May 2, 2002
      >Blades are used by people all over the world to kitesurf. Even beginners can
      >use a Blade if they are in an area of shallow water or do not venture
      >further from shore than they can safely swim.
      >Blades can be very safe, if they hit the water 99% of times they stay there!
      >They are also a very stable kite, which means they are quite suitable for
      >beginners. If your water use is limited and you understand the above, I have
      >no problem recommending a Blade to anyone. Get a lesson with it, if there is
      >an issue with knowledge on how to fly a Blade.

      Great foils true, I had a guy in my shop today, Hunter, an int/advanced
      rider who used to ride blades exclusively but is not on Liquid Force 2001
      kites. (cheap and he likes 'em)

      He mentioned he loves the performance but was held back learning new
      tricks, if he blew a maneuverer it was all over, luffed, drowned kite, swim
      in, he guessed it put him 6 months behind riders of similar ability and
      start times in our area.

      I rode them occasionally but had the same feelings, passing on info.... No
      doubt about their power, thats for sure, but yank HARD in gusts. The beauty
      of the arcs is that they are are a foil, (the have some down sides) and
      they absorb a lot of the gusts due to their "inflatable" shape.....good for
      hard packed snow and beginning.

      Sincerely
      Andy Heaton

      http://www.KiteHIGH.com
      http://www.kitesurfcam.com
      http://www.alohakiteboarding.com

      E: support@...
      P: 1 866 646 7835 (TOLL Free USA)
      P: +001 808 250 5483 (International)
      F: 1 928 563 2760

    • Pauric
      Message 2 of 10 , May 3, 2002
        for everyone's information - blades are not the only traction foil available. They're an old, but good, design. I really wish flexi would cut the price because they have more than made their money back on these things. Prone to lufting, bow tie'ing and require more than the average amount in sine'ing to keep them going when slightly under powered.

        If anyone is considering using a blade on water there are other foils which have far better performance, more stable in gusty conditions and require less work. Its true that that you can get a bar conversion kit for the blade, however its a four line foil, the kit works with other four line foils.

        I dont understand why anyone trusts a kite company that promotes its 'top of the range' land based traction as its prefered sea kite, its sea kite is a bag of crap - the nexus, its low end land based traction is actually bought in from another company and consistently out performs the 'top of the range' model - go figure!. Flexi make a lot of money and dont deserve it. Put the money in to companies which make an effort to develop good kites and dont just sit back and put their money in to marketing. Ok, I havent seen the Storm yet! But for one of the world leaders in kites.. its been a very long time in comming.

        03 May 2002 01:03
        To: ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com
        cc:
        Subject: Re: [ksurfschool] RE: Re: first snow/water kite

        >Blades are used by people all over the world to kitesurf. Even beginners can
        >use a Blade if they are in an area of shallow water or do not venture
        >further from shore than they can safely swim.
        >Blades can be very safe, if they hit the water 99% of times they stay there!
        >They are also a very stable kite, which means they are quite suitable for
        >beginners. If your water use is limited and you understand the above, I have
        >no problem recommending a Blade to anyone. Get a lesson with it, if there is
        >an issue with knowledge on how to fly a Blade.

        Great foils true, I had a guy in my shop today, Hunter, an int/advanced
        rider who used to ride blades exclusively but is not on Liquid Force 2001
        kites. (cheap and he likes 'em)

        He mentioned he loves the performance but was held back learning new
        tricks, if he blew a maneuverer it was all over, luffed, drowned kite, swim
        in, he guessed it put him 6 months behind riders of similar ability and
        start times in our area.

        I rode them occasionally but had the same feelings, passing on info.... No
        doubt about their power, thats for sure, but yank HARD in gusts. The beauty
        of the arcs is that they are are a foil, (the have some down sides) and
        they absorb a lot of the gusts due to their "inflatable" shape.....good for
        hard packed snow and beginning.

        Sincerely
        Andy Heaton

        http://www.KiteHIGH.com
        http://www.kitesurfcam.com
        http://www.alohakiteboarding.com

        E: support@...
        P: 1 866 646 7835 (TOLL Free USA)
        P: +001 808 250 5483 (International)
        F: 1 928 563 2760

      • Mark Pronk
        Message 3 of 10 , May 3, 2002
          Flexi says ouch!!! ;-)

          Have fun kiting! Whatever you fly!
          mARC

          <http://www.f-arc.tk[ Mark Pronk] > http://www.f-arc.tk

[...]

          To: ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com
          cc:

          http://www.KiteHIGH.com <http://www.KiteHIGH.com>
          http://www.kitesurfcam.com <http://www.kitesurfcam.com>
          http://www.alohakiteboarding.com <http://www.alohakiteboarding.com>

          E: support@...
          P: 1 866 646 7835 (TOLL Free USA)
          P: +001 808 250 5483 (International)
          F: 1 928 563 2760

          http://www.KitesurfingSchool.org/faqs.htm
          <http://www.KitesurfingSchool.org/faqs.htm> for the answers

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.2021092.3499911.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=17051009
          63:HM/A=1036972/R=0/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=3466> Click Here!

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=194081.2021092.3499911.1829184/D=egroupmai
          l/S=1705100963:HM/A=1036972/rand=575209654>