Re: [ksurfschool] : Re: first snow/water kite

  • KiteHIGH - North Shore
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2002
      >Hi Kitepower, I agree. A blade or flysurfer would be great for the
      >snow, as well. However, I think the original post asked for a
      >recommend for both snow and water. Since I wouldn't use a blade on
      >water, I shouldn't recommend it. I guess if you're good enough to not
      >crash the kite ever, you can use whatever you want, but beginners
      >like me have limited choices, or we better be powerful swimmers LOL!

      Don't forget the Arcs, A lot most guys ride these kites in the snow and
      water. Very forgiving and totally good in both forms of water, hard or
      soft) Let me know if I can help, I have set a few guys up with them and
      have a few tricks iup my sleeve rigging wise that I don't get time to post.
      Will do one day....

      Sincerely
      Andy Heaton

      http://www.KiteHIGH.com
      http://www.kitesurfcam.com
      http://www.alohakiteboarding.com

      E: support@...
      P: 1 866 646 7835 (TOLL Free USA)
      P: +001 808 250 5483 (International)
      F: 1 928 563 2760

    • jonnykitesurfer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2002
        --- A good beginer kite for packed snow, deep snow, and great for
        water is the New Wave by Concept Air in Canadian dollards. This kite
        will reverse launch when nose down , by pulling center line about 8
        or 10". Now when it's flying you pull a little on center line to
        depower it, pull a little more to make it come down trailling edge
        first nice and soft or pull a lot to collaps the kite in mid air. It's
        a close cell foil and they come in 3.8 6.0 9.3 12.5 did you know about
        this one, Andy? Later from Jonnykitesurfer.