Re: [ksurfschool] AR 3.5 5 front vs back line ????

  • KiteHIGH - North Shore
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2002
      >If i have the same length in the 4 lines it doesent lift..Cause the
      >back lines are to slack So i put knots on the back lines 10 cm down
      >on each side now it starts to fly... But i dont know if the back line
      >should be 10 cm shorter...Want to get the right power in 4 line mode
      >any one who has converted this kite that can give me advise?
      >please .......

      I used to have the same kite, make sure you have a trim strap and secondary
      sheeting system, then you can experiment with lengths easily. and then
      adjust if need be.

      I used to set my lines up even, all 4 of them if I was flying without the
      chicken loop, and with the back lines "about" 5" shorter if permanently
      hooked in with a quick release attached to the chicken loop.

      There is also the possibility you are flying in too light winds and the
      kite is doing all kinds of weird things, flying back wards, sitting low and
      far back in the window etc etc.

      hope it helps...

      Sincerely
      Andy Heaton

      http://www.KiteHIGH.com
      http://www.kitesurfcam.com
      http://www.alohakiteboarding.com

      E: support@...
      P: 1 866 646 7835 (TOLL Free USA)
      P: +001 808 250 5483 (International)
      F: 1 928 563 2760

    • jonnykitesurfer
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 29, 2002
        --- Hi i converted my 7.0 AR 3.5 to 4Lines and like it. You need a
        depower sheeting trap. I bought mine from Andy at www.kitehigh.com
        Got Air Rush depower, a reel leach for the board and line knife.
        I took off my Sling Shot Chicken Loop off because cant use two loops
        in a wichard snap shackle quick release. The Air Rush sheeting strap
        works good because you can lock powered or depowered . Now make all
        4 lines same lenght, your two center depower lines attached to
        sheeting strap and set that trap fully powered meaning all 4 lines are
        set up at same lenght . Now when you pull down on strap it will pull
        down the two center lines that are set on your leading hedge by about
        10" there for complete depowred is set and bring strap back up to
        power up again. Now all sheeting system are different lenght so if you
        need to you could ad a small rope to the end of it to make all leader
        & line equal. Good luck