AR 3.5 5 front vs back line ????

  • kitesurf73
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2002
      If i have the same length in the 4 lines it doesent lift..Cause the
      back lines are to slack So i put knots on the back lines 10 cm down
      on each side now it starts to fly... But i dont know if the back line
      should be 10 cm shorter...Want to get the right power in 4 line mode
      any one who has converted this kite that can give me advise?
      please .......

      And
    • Kitepower
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2002
        Do you have a trim loop (chicken loop) AND trim strap fitted?

        http://www.kitepower.com.au
        mailto:sydney@...
        126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
        Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
        Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic
        If i have the same length in the 4 lines it doesent lift..Cause the
        back lines are to slack So i put knots on the back lines 10 cm down
        on each side now it starts to fly... But i dont know if the back line
        should be 10 cm shorter...Want to get the right power in 4 line mode
        any one who has converted this kite that can give me advise?
        please .......

        And

        To unsubscribe, please send an email to
        ksurfschool-unsubscribe@egroups.com

      • KiteHIGH - North Shore
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2002
          >If i have the same length in the 4 lines it doesent lift..Cause the
          >back lines are to slack So i put knots on the back lines 10 cm down
          >on each side now it starts to fly... But i dont know if the back line
          >should be 10 cm shorter...Want to get the right power in 4 line mode
          >any one who has converted this kite that can give me advise?
          >please .......

          I used to have the same kite, make sure you have a trim strap and secondary
          sheeting system, then you can experiment with lengths easily. and then
          adjust if need be.

          I used to set my lines up even, all 4 of them if I was flying without the
          chicken loop, and with the back lines "about" 5" shorter if permanently
          hooked in with a quick release attached to the chicken loop.

          There is also the possibility you are flying in too light winds and the
          kite is doing all kinds of weird things, flying back wards, sitting low and
          far back in the window etc etc.

          hope it helps...

          Sincerely
          Andy Heaton

          http://www.KiteHIGH.com
          http://www.kitesurfcam.com
          http://www.alohakiteboarding.com

          E: support@...
          P: 1 866 646 7835 (TOLL Free USA)
          P: +001 808 250 5483 (International)
          F: 1 928 563 2760

        • jonnykitesurfer
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 29, 2002
            --- Hi i converted my 7.0 AR 3.5 to 4Lines and like it. You need a
            depower sheeting trap. I bought mine from Andy at www.kitehigh.com
            Got Air Rush depower, a reel leach for the board and line knife.
            I took off my Sling Shot Chicken Loop off because cant use two loops
            in a wichard snap shackle quick release. The Air Rush sheeting strap
            works good because you can lock powered or depowered . Now make all
            4 lines same lenght, your two center depower lines attached to
            sheeting strap and set that trap fully powered meaning all 4 lines are
            set up at same lenght . Now when you pull down on strap it will pull
            down the two center lines that are set on your leading hedge by about
            10" there for complete depowred is set and bring strap back up to
            power up again. Now all sheeting system are different lenght so if you
            need to you could ad a small rope to the end of it to make all leader
            & line equal. Good luck